Anyone watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by J Ed, Sep 21, 2013.

1. copliker

copliker ...

This week's had 3 or 4 episodes in one. I wanted more of the def poetry.

2. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

Thought it was a bit weak this week... Didn't really work for me...

3. Silva

Silva This went well.

The gang was on Conan O'Brien on Monday. It was... huh... as expected. Danny DeVito seems to be having the time of his life doing the show :D

4. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

I'm at Season 6...and there's a bit of a lull. Think I've had enough...does it get better again?

5. mwgdrwg

Well the lull did not last long...Chardee MacDennis - Game of Games!!!!!!! Loved it loved it loved it :D

6. copliker

copliker ...

The one following it, 'The Anti-Social Network' is great. Even when they're below par, they're still miles ahead of anything else in the last few years. I gave Community a go and it was just shit. Nothing. Not a single gag.

girasol likes this.
  7. mwgdrwg

I did read the synopsis of that episode on Netflix, but I was too tired....and the missus was telling me off for giggling and laughing out loud when she was trying to sleep :D

8. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

I watched one episode of Community and gave up. Looks awful.

9. Orang Utan

Orang Utan knows how to use the three shells

Community is great!

sheothebudworths likes this.
  10. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

I've watched a few episodes of community because I've run out of access to ones I want to watch. Not sure. It's better than nothing, or resorting to doing housework, it's no sunny though. You can't compare.

11. Silva

Silva This went well.

Community is excellent, and I watch them both almost religiously, but the only thing they have in common is they both fill niches of the market (pop-culture geeks in Community, people with a taste for edgier and weirder comedy in Always Sunny). That said, Always Sunny is easily the best sitcom of the past 10 years.

rr22 likes this.
  12. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

Yeah, they're completely different programmes. I love them both equally.

Community has had me in stitches more though, it must be said. The Halloween episode in S1 is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

13. Silva

Silva This went well.

One thing the Community writers got down to a science were the themed episodes: Paintball, Halloween, Dungeons and Dragons, GI Joe, Videogames, etc. Considering the appeal of the show was already limited for network TV, they lasted a lot relying so much on themed episodes.

14. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

15. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

I just watched the paintball one and it was very good. :thumbs:

16. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Season 9 of Trailer Park Boys just released in full in one go on netflix.

BigTom likes this.
  17. Orang Utan

Orang Utan knows how to use the three shells

oh shit, that's another show i need to see

18. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

That's another one I really didn't like. My husband watches it religiously.

19. copliker

copliker ...

I watched another Community. Nope. Not funny. :confused: What's a 'good' episode then.

I'm going to have a look at Workaholics this weekend.

20. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

It's probably not for you, then. The Halloween episode in season one is a highlight, but if it's not your thing, it's not your thing.

21. butchersapron

How you get on with that - i watched the first 9 episodes of series 1, and i'm bailing. It's trying far far too hard to be out there and make them like the sunny characters - see the becoming mates with a cool paedo episode.

Plus one of them looks like a micky rourke homunculus.

22. copliker

copliker ...

I've only seen 2, from series 5 and gave up. Not very good no. College brat fodder. But I thought the guy with the hair has some talent.

23. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Are the rest of the cast bald?

24. copliker

copliker ...

They all have hair but one of them has noticeably more than the others. hth.

25. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

where can i stream this? I've missed this series apart from 2.

26. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Intriguing. They should have that as the tag line. More people would watch.

27. copliker

copliker ...

A bit too niche maybe.

28. butchersapron

Legally? UK? Or abroad?

29. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

I'll put up with legally if I have to but I'm open to all possibilities. I'm in Spain.

30. butchersapron

In that case, no idea really, as netflix spain isn't starting till later this year. You could use hola to access the US/UK one that has it. Or just torrent them - they're only small. I don't really stream.

Favelado likes this.