1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Anyone else not getting All 4?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by danny la rouge, Jun 21, 2017.

1. danny la rouge

danny la rouge This is definitely the darkest timeline

For the last couple of weeks All 4 has refused to load on my Samsung TV.

I've never actually watched a programme on the app but I have had it open before and browsed programmes. But now all I'm getting is the colour C4 logo with the various channel logos below in white and below that "Paid for by advertising. Owned by you". And four squares ticking away like egg timers on dial up in 1995.

I've checked the latest software is downloaded. I've tried the other apps in the "hub". It's only All 4 not working.

I want to watch the Handmaid's Tale, but it would appear I can't.

What's the likely problem ?

2. chilango

chilango By the many, not the few.

I'm having the exact same problem on my Damsung TV right now :mad:

Trying to watch the Handmaids Tale...

3. chilango

Worked fine on Monday, not at all yesterday and I got to the first ad break tonight before it conked out.

Looks like it might be up again.

Netflix, iPlayer etc are fine.

danny la rouge likes this.
  4. chilango

Still having problems

5. danny la rouge

Me too. No change.

6. Callie

Callie Pivoting

I have been having issues too, Samsung TV, handmaids take. Odd! I assumed it was my internet connection to the TV.

7. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Its not been running on my TV at all for a couple of weeks and the previously reasonably functional website has been hellishly buggy on several different browsers - I can't test it at work because somehow we have managed to get IP-banned by them!

8. chilango

It's working for the moment. PITA having to do the old "switch off/switch on" a couple of times an episode though.

9. danny la rouge

Still can't get it to load. It's basically a waste of time, All 4, isn't it?

10. danny la rouge

Still can't get this to run at all. All the other apps are working. The teen even got a free trial of Now TV (which, it turns out, has nothing I want to see. Tried Game of Thrones. But it isn't for me).

According to Google lots of people are having problems. Do they not want people to watch their shows?

11. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Yep still shite here. Managed to get it to semi work on a PlayStation 4 but it drops off and loses connection every time there are ads. Really annoying. Doesn't work on any of the TVs in the house. Bag o shite

12. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

I'm having the exact same problem - Samsung smart tv, only about a year old, all other apps working, and I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, checked software is latest update, etc. Been like this for 6 weeks or so now, and typical this has happened when there's stuff i want to watch on it (and my laptop is too old and crap to cope with playing video from them).

13. danny la rouge

14. Leafster

Leafster Nurturing green fingers

I had a slightly different problem with my Samsung Smart TV - iPlayer, BBC Sport, All 4 and the other TV channel Apps wouldn't load from the Smart Hub but if I went to the My Apps screen they worked. Everything was up to date. I tried deleting them from the Smart Hub and adding them again but it didn't make any difference.

Then, at the weekend, they started working normally again. Unless the TV downloaded an update on the sly nothing had changed so I don't know what happened to get them working again. :confused:

15. danny la rouge

I got an email back telling me to delete the app and then reset the Hub. Which I did. It worked.

However, the first four episodes of the Handmaid's Tale have now gone, so I still can't start watching it.

:(

16. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Like for the first boo hiss for the second. I'm sure you could find it elsewhere? Somewhere must have it?!

17. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

I find both iplayer and All 4 too buffery for my shitty laptop, so resort to torrents instead

18. danny la rouge

Well, I've never done that torrent thing. Be honest, it didn't occur to me to do something that turned out to be basically "switch it off and switch it on again": can you see me doing a torrent?

Callie likes this.
  19. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

i'm technologically hapless, but can figure it out

20. Callie

Callie Pivoting

A torrent of abuse at technology?? Maybe :p

21. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

I did the same thing thanks, and I remembered what had stopped me resetting the hub was that it asked for a PIN and I don't know what the PIN is, so I typed every memorable number I could possibly think of in, and then went down from 9999 - it was 0000 which I'm sure I never set it as. That done, after having to connect to the wireless network and agree to Samsung's terms and conditions again, All4 is magically working. And I'm annoyed that I still can't watch the Handmaid's Tale too.