1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antiuniversity Now 2017

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Another Slime, May 31, 2017.

1. phillm

phillm don't bring back hanging

If I wasn't busy doing nothing somewhere else I'd give some of these sessions a go. Young people , excited about life , change and that sort of stuff with a dash of performance art rather than moaning away uselessly on the internet. If life isn't amazing when you're young it never will be. Hmm difficult choice...

cantsin likes this.
  2. isvicthere?

isvicthere? a.k.a. floppybollocks

:D

3. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

i understood the OP post just fine.

4. steeplejack

steeplejack Reluctant Hardliner

It's a bit unfortunate how ose of the publicity comes across.

Moreover, some of the "radical" content is perfectly recognisable from some art school/unviersity teaching that I have come across. Peer to peer learning, de-empahsising the role of the traditional lecture, flipped classrooms et al, is pretty mainstream stuff these days.

But you'll see more of this sort of thing as sadly art school content (in England and Wales at any rate) is now no longer afforable to those who don't have thirty grand fees spread across three years.

5. seventh bullet

seventh bullet red mullet

I'm just not hip enough but I would like to see far more people from my class background experiencing a 'traditional' lecture, and more widely no fees for anyone.

It's like these ignorant middle class clowns think outside is a desert and they're bringing colour and life to it.

6. Idris2002

Idris2002 dance the entropy tango

7. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

It is a great idea and could and should be a fantastic radical event which could ask people what they need and help people organise and use technology to provide it locally, challenge some of the shit things about universities etc.

But it's such a load of hipster bollocks, as emphasised in that video. Build your own bean can telephone to talk to your inner astronaut.

That's a fucking mockery tbh.

seventh bullet likes this.
  8. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

it's not curated so the classes come about based on who wants to get involved and what their interests/skills/ideas are. If you want it to be better it's down to you to get involved and put on something you think is more appropriate.

Tobycash, Riklet and alsoknownas like this.
  9. ItWillNeverWork

ItWillNeverWork falsely puffed up rascal pig

Why on earth would anyone sign up to be a student for this thing?

10. ItWillNeverWork

ItWillNeverWork falsely puffed up rascal pig

Also, since this 'radical experiment' is a repeat of something tried out in 1968, what makes anyone think it won't be a complete flop this time round too?

11. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

It sounds like how education would be in the era of 'noone wants experts'.

12. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

that's some weighty concerns you got there for sure, stick with it, we need answers

13. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

excellent, haven't been on twitter today, needed a healthy dose of ' YOUR SPELLING / PUNCTUATION...' pedantry, was missing it, and with added dose of 'I'm a teacher' patronisation, thanks, great stuff :thumbs: ( haven't spellchecked, so fill yr boots eh )

spanglechick and seventh bullet like this.