Anti Fracking Protector Camps

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Jeremiah18.17, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Jeremiah18.17

Jeremiah18.17 Well-Known Member

The conspiracism of Cranes pals in the camps now extends to those prominent amongst them smearing and attacking leading members of the anti fracking movement associated with the left, Green and Labour parties as “police collaborators” who are setting up people for “long sentences”......

2. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Just shows up the fascist roots of this conspiracy shit. Discredit your critics with sensational lies rather than actually try and defend your views, pretty standard tactics.

crossthebreeze and Jeremiah18.17 like this.
  3. Toast Rider

Toast Rider Banned Banned

How naive of me to have thought he'd moved on from his work in the oil industry.

4. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

This business about test sites being responsible for recent earthquakes around Dorking .... sounds a bit far fetched to me

View attachment 143291

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  5. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

Ralph Llama likes this.
  6. Ralph Llama

Just look at the leaflet. It is intentionaly misleading.

Attached Files:

cupid_stunt likes this.
  7. SpookyFrank

Can't see that on my phone, what's the gist? And do we know who wrote it?

8. Ralph Llama

Here it is online.

https://www.voiceforleithhill.co.uk/newsletters/v4lh-newsletter-2018-earthquake-special.pdf
    It does not say much really,

Is the long and short of it.

cupid_stunt likes this.
  9. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

They’ve not started fracking in the Dorking area. It’s a coincidence.

The amount of disinformation and nonsense surrounding this now is incredibly tiresome. We were doing perfectly well holding off the oil company ourselves via red tape these past ten years. Now we have to do that at the same time as dealing with a constant stream of conspiraloon nutters and press people that want to ask us about the conspiraloon theories spread by the conspiraloon nutters.

10. Jeremiah18.17

Not to go all conspiraloon myself, but I would hazard a guess that a certain percentage of the conspiraloon nutters in the anti fracking movement are actually plants. Particularly those that stay out of the limelight but feed slanderous accusations about others in the movement, Cointelpro style.

SpookyFrank, nyxx and Ralph Llama like this.
  11. cupid_stunt

As they can talk, they are clearly GM plants.

Jeremiah18.17 and Ralph Llama like this.
  12. Ralph Llama

Exactly! There really is no need and the effect is that they will attract (even more) conspiraloons and the actually decent protestors get burned out wiping the arses of these idiots !!!! It makes me quite mad.. i might even pop up there in a bit to ave a word.

kabbes likes this.
  13. SpookyFrank

But then you just get into an endless merry go round of you're a plant, no you're a plant. Even though Crane is the one with well-documented form for selling out genuine activists.

I have called out Crane for giving demonstrably bad legal advice to arrestees in what seemed like and effort to make their convictions more likely, but his disciples won't hear a word said against him and the neutrals and do-gooders just want everyone to get along in a friendly, apolitical, tolerate everything sort of way.

Ralph Llama and Jeremiah18.17 like this.
  14. Toast Rider

Selling out? What happened there?

15. Ralph Llama

Probably the Green party. Bloody Caroline Lucas! She fucked up a community occupation in Brighton I was involved with when my back was turned .I came back to the community garden after 2 weeks doing something else... the place had been evicted ... and there was Green Party propaganda everywhere..

Tories on Bikes :mad:

“Tories on bikes”: the Green Party in power - Anarchist Federation

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  16. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Interesting. I drove past their camp today (next to Coldharbour, Leith Hill?) .
    It was like the tree-camps of the 90s , made me go all nostalgic. people wandering about with feathers in their hair banging drums and serving up broth. Beautiful spot though. I thought great that they're there.
    What are they saying then, that the intended oil drilling is already causing earthquakes?

17. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

It used to be a beautiful spot before they turned up, certainly. It was a lovely peaceful area perfect for walking the dog. Ah well. Good for them that they care and are willing to show it, at least.

They’re very, very mixed up about drilling methods, though. They still talk about fracking, but this is a licence for conventional oil drilling only. And yes, they think the recent tiny earthquakes are as a result of fracking. But whilst there are some fracking applications elsewhere in the Weald basin, nobody has actually started doing any yet.

bimble likes this.
  18. Toast Rider

No I was asking in respect of the claim about Ian R Crane.

19. SpookyFrank

August | 2011 | Ian R. Crane WATCH

Here's some information about Crane's activities in the US around the time of the deepwater horizon oil spill.

More generally, he and his minions love to fuck up genuine movements by accusing anyone who questions their nonsense of being a police spy/informer/corporate shill. He uses anti-fracking to gain a platform for his business, namely peddling off-brand conspiraloon hogwash.

20. SpookyFrank

Four activists have been given 16 months each for blocking fracking lorries at Preston New Road, Lancashire.

Anti-fracking activists jailed for Blackpool Cuadrilla protest

The first environmental protestors to be given jail time for a protest in the UK since 1932. This represents a clear escalation against anti-frackers, which was only to be expected given the state's (read tory party donors') massive hard on for shale gas and the consistently high level of resistance that represents a much broader and more effective form of environmental activism than the state has had to deal with for a long time.

Probably small consolation to the lads who have been sent to prison, but fracking companies are struggling. God knows how much cash has been poured into the handful of holes in the ground they've so far managed to dig, but even if they do finally earn a penny to show for it every delay, every inconvenience people can throw in their path is going to eat into their margins. Any sensible investor would not touch this industry with a barge pole, particularly with the non-trivial risk of a near-future Corbyn government shutting the whole thing down.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  21. cupid_stunt

Fucking hell, that's bloody ridiculous, I hope they appeal & get those sentences overturned.

22. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

8 months, just long enough to mess yer shit up drastically. Could have killed a family of four by dangerous driving and got the same

crossthebreeze likes this.
  23. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

Solidarity to the prisoners and those are harsh sentences for NVDA.

However they're only the "first environmental protesters to be imprisoned since 1932" if you ignore all the animal rights prisoners (and even then I think there were some short jail sentences handed out to road protesters in the 90s.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  24. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

"They sang a song described as a “native tribal song of power” and blew kisses to them as they were led out of the dock."

That's worth an extra month.

Yeah, some spurious ignoring of other people going down there. As well as writing out criminal damage as nothing to do with this nice bunch of upstanding citizens.

mojo pixy likes this.
  25. Red Sky

That is a barristers job to be fair. "Even though my client has been found guilty and in fact blatantly did it, he is in essence completely innocent (and very middle class)."

RubyToogood and LynnDoyleCooper like this.
  26. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

I always enjoy the creative license I can imagine the barrister and press release has engaged to inventively re-write the defendants CVs in order to appear respectable.

Piano tuner. :hmm: Can play chopsticks if he tries hard.
    Teacher. :hmm: Once gave a workshop on bongo drumming at a university fair.
    Soil scientist. :hmm: Has an allotment he smokes weed on.

Red Sky and RubyToogood like this.
  27. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

The workshops were drama and not at a university fair. ;)

LynnDoyleCooper likes this.
  28. Red Sky

[QUOTE="LynnDoyleCooper, post: 15744138, ] Has an allotment he smokes weed on.[/QUOTE]

You say it like it's a bad thing.

29. Jeremiah18.17

30. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Casting his shadow weaving his spell