1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti Fracking Protector Camps

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Jeremiah18.17, Dec 22, 2016.

1. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Handle with care.

2. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie They only call it class war when we fight back

Pickman's model likes this.
  3. cupid_stunt

Latest video from 'Reclaim the Power' - good to see protectors of all ages demonstrating...

And, another one showing different actions being carried out...

A group of people locked-on in a car...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Jeremiah18.17 likes this.
  4. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

I'm up at my sister's who has lived for 35 years in Wrea Green just getting up to speed with how advanced this protest is. Off to say hello to the camp later and take some nosh.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    cupid_stunt likes this.
  5. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

Now the Dalai Lama ruling the world I could handle that.....the rest nah , no thanks.

6. Jeremiah18.17

Jeremiah18.17 Well-Known Member

9 arrests at the camp outside Marriotts in Clay Cross/Danesmoor, Derbyshire last night - for slow walking, which to this point has been allowed, on the grounds of "aggravated trespass", including a vulnerable young man who was later released. Obvious attempt to nobble camp which is getting growing support from the anti fracking groups and communities in the proposed SYorks/Derbyshire/Notts gasfield. Support and solidarity visits welcome.

7. Mr.Bishie

People getting arrested & not knowing what they're being arrested for, as they haven't been told.

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. Jeremiah18.17

Jeremiah18.17 Well-Known Member

Bail conditions for those now released after the Marriotts arrests ban them from Derbyshire, "three hours to get out of the County" and such. They were held for over 20 hours in most cases. This is a clear attempt to denude the camp by the drilling company gates of activists, but the movement is determined that the Police will not succeed. The policing of the fracking protests is revealing more and more, to more and more people, how power is now exercised in Britain in an openly arbitrary and partisan manner. This is not news to longer term activists, but it is a shock to some of the young people, local community protectors and demonstrators - the raw and vicious nature of corporate power and state repression revealed.

Libertad, cupid_stunt and Mr.Bishie like this.
  9. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

Those bail conditions won't stand up in court.

Libertad and Jeremiah18.17 like this.
  10. SpookyFrank

Unlawful arrest = cash money :thumbs:

Mr.Bishie, Libertad and Jeremiah18.17 like this.
  11. cupid_stunt

taffboy gwyrdd, Libertad and teqniq like this.
  12. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

13. cupid_stunt

Oh, this looks promising...

Alleged assault of anti-fracking protester outside shale gas site – police seek prosecution

Libertad likes this.
  14. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper It's a complicated world innit.

They're really weird lock-ons. The cops could just make them stand up and move. I thought the point was you generally lock-on to a structure (barrel full of concrete/car/digger) that can't be moved...?

And I know it's an old and grumpy thing to say, but fuck some of those people come across as really annoying.

teqniq likes this.
  15. cupid_stunt

Fracking hell, third day in a row the protectors have locked-on right under the noses of the police & security! :thumbs: :D

Today's action...

taffboy gwyrdd likes this.
  16. cupid_stunt

I've only just noticed that the coppers that have to cut the protectors free now have their own jackets with 'Protester Removal' on their backs.

17. I'm pleased my tax dollar is being utilised by the state to protect the business interests and not the communities affected by this shit. :rolleyes:

18. Hearts in the right place though.

cupid_stunt likes this.
  19. cupid_stunt

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 7:00 AM
  20. Mr.Bishie

Glue. Annoying.

21. SpookyFrank

The filth aren't supposed to move you while you're in any sort of lock on because it can cause injuries. It has happened that police (or more often private heavies) have simply dragged a bunch of people out of the way while they're still locked together but it's not supposed to happen.7

The advantage of a barrel full of concrete is more that it takes ages for them to cut you out of it, but it does also negate the risk of being dragged out of the way.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM
    cupid_stunt and Libertad like this.