Another Royal Wedding. Hurrah!

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by A380, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Yeh. You know the Anglican church has branches all over the world, right?

Badgers likes this.
  2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I am aware of that. According to the internet she’s part of the Episcopal church in America which is part of the Anglican Church, but for whatever reason she being baptised into the CofE.

No doubt that means the usual trad CofE hymns at the wedding though it’d be great if they’d mark the occasion with some American gospel choirs to liven it up.

A380 likes this.
  3. Pickman's model

It'd be even better if the usaf paid their tender attentions to this wedding party

Badgers likes this.
  4. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I was convinced I'd read there was a Catholic connection somewhere!!

5. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

Prince Charles couldn't get married in a CoE church when he married Camilla. When Princess Anne married for a second time it was in the Church of Scotland (who don't have the same divorce hang-ups as the more catholic churches tend to)

6. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

Yeah, they have moved on to the next generation now so they’re merely 50 years behind the times now :thumbs:

Guineveretoo and cupid_stunt like this.
  7. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

And yet still 50 years ahead of DUP types. :thumbs:

8. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

Harry's alright, and so is Meghan. They're just a young couple who were fortunate enough to be born into royalty/fame. They love each other. What's wrong with that? You bastards are so bitter.

9. BemusedbyLife

BemusedbyLife Well-Known Member

Actually nothing is wrong with that, but this is basically someone I don't know marrying someone else I don't know, It's not his fault who his parents are and I would wish them all the happiness in the world if I dis know them but I and pretty much everyone else don't really want to see a news story about this everyday come on couples get married all the time, what's so special about this pair?
    Plus we still haven't got a day off that I am bitter about.

10. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

So if you don't want to get involved then don't get involved. Nothing special and nothing to see here. Remember it was this forum who made it news here, not the couple in question.

11. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

Do you think they're awesome, well so do many people but urban's not the place for that. I don't wish them any ill but sod it, they're two kids caught up in an archaic, dysfunctional relic from a pointless institution. Why the hero worship?

12. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

We have to be involved - we have to pay for it.

13. Pickman's model

A young couple? How auld are you, chuck?

Badgers and bubblesmcgrath like this.
  14. William of Walworth

Formerly banned returner, blatantly.

And don't bother denying it or faking incomprehension.

Oh yes, some additional advice : the usual form for your types is to either deny knowing what trolling is, or to say that people saying you're trolling are 'intolerent of different opinions' :thumbs:

Urban's seen all that before, and has pretty definitely seen YOU before, as well :rolleyes: :facepalm:

15. Pickman's model

In the auld days banned returners were more entertaining

Badgers and William of Walworth like this.
  16. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

Don't moralise to me mate. This is a forum, not a bloody religion.

17. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

In the "old" days, so were the top posters...I've heard.

18. krtek a houby

Why do banned posters keep coming back?

19. William of Walworth

'Moralising'? :rolleyes:

You're a trolling banned returner Just stating fact.

20. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

Flattering of course that you think you know me from yore ... but the reality is ... I'm actually newish but don't like your smug attitudes and simply want to take the piss out of you.

21. krtek a houby

I don't believe a word you say.

Why do returning banned posters always lie about who they are & why are they so desperate to post?

Why not just come out, first post and say - I used to be so and so. Sorry I was a dick, back in the day & let's try again.

William of Walworth likes this.
  22. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

What's with all this banned "returner" returning to post after being banned stuff?
    Why are you so bothered by it anyway?
    I don't think "returner" is a valid conjugation of the verb by the way.

23. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Is there something in the FAQ's about being a generally tedious twat?

24. krtek a houby

Bothered? More like amused. You're here to stir the shit and you'll be out on your ear sooner or later, I'll wager.

25. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Won't be long now.

krtek a houby likes this.
  26. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

Actually, I take offence to being called every dick, prick, and sick thick shit under the sun. I suppose you would say, "that's urban"!!

27. krtek a houby

No, I'd say that's a troll who will soon be confirmed as a returned banned poster.

28. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

There's that "returned banned" thing again.
    I've never heard the phrase "returned banned" before, except from you and a few others here. Which makes me wonder, how do you know if people have been banned multiple times? ... surely only "return banners" would know the phrase, "return banned", right?? Are you are "return banner" yourself perhaps?

29. krtek a houby

Nope. Been posting here nearly 15 years.

You claim you've been lurking here a while. And suddenly up you pop, all troll like. And you target several well known posters, one of whom you seem to have previous beef with. You have all the hallmarks of someone who's been here before and departed under a cloud.

Mation likes this.
  30. Coconutjob

Coconutjob Banned Banned

15 years! Might you have been better spending your energy elsewhere perhaps?
    You seem to be the one with le boeuf mate...You're following me around like a fart.