1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Royal Wedding. Hurrah!

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by A380, Nov 27, 2017.

1. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see exactly what she brings to the monarchy.

2. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

What's your point? She's an actor who's done sex scenes. So what?

3. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Actually ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... what exactly is the point of any of them?

4. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

I hate the royal family but that wasn't my question. Which was why you were posting a clip of Meghan Markle in a TV sex scene with the comment you did. And why you're now posting pictures of her in skimpy clothing.

Why not just come out and say whatever it is you're thinking?

5. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

19th May, book your holidays abroad now.

Pickman's model and cupid_stunt like this.
  6. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Oh, and clashes with the FA Cup Final. :facepalm: Good luck with public transport if teams from outside London get into the final.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    A380 likes this.
  7. I take it the president of the FA will be at the most important match of the year :hmm:

Chilli.s, A380 and sealion like this.
  8. sealion

sealion Marilise Legijuana

It's only 20 minutes on the Jubilee line from his gaff. He could do both!

9. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Once you've read procopius's "secret history" about the byzantine emperor justinian and his wife theodora the prurient nudge nudge of your suggestions is by comparison of scant interest. But you need not look back to the sixth century. Edward vii's love life when he was Prince of Wales was considerably more er energetic than either William or harry's. W & H by contrast really rather dull

10. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I never thought that hash tag 's earlier post, that the RW would be on Sat 26th May next year, was a confirmed thing :hmm:

This BBC link confirms Saturday 19th May will be the date. Not a Bank Holiday w/e, no additional BH, and the weekend before we go away to Bearded Theory. Royalty are shit :mad:, refusing to sort their big days around my personal convenience :p

We'll have to go rural walking in Wales (if the weather's good), for maximum media sycophancy avoidance :cool:

11. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Proof that the royals aren't the same as the common man.

What guy doesn't first check the footy fixtures before saying yeah okay honey that date looks good?

12. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt & dyslexic cnut.

What's footy?

13. Gromit

It's the thing that some of your guests will go to when they apologise that they are ill and can't make your wedding.

A380 and BemusedbyLife like this.
  14. What you talking about, common man? His brother is the guvnor of the FA ffs. And a Villa fan, cos his great gran spoke with a Brummie accent on Spitting Image.

15. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

The FA cup final has long lost its prestige where the country stopped to watch it since they shifted the kick off to 5:30 in the afternoon. It’s just another sporting event now.

Load of bollocks.

16. dilute micro

dilute micro esse quam videri

Harry livens up the royal family. MM might be as awesome as Harry thinks she is.

17. dilute micro

dilute micro esse quam videri

A game England used to play.

18. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat

Justreading the article Date set for Harry and Meghan's wedding

and several paragraphs down is this -

Ms Markle will be baptised into the Church of England and confirmed before the wedding.

Wtf? Why?

19. skyscraper101

Fuck knows but I’m guessing it has something to do with royalty and CofE rules because omgz she’s a divorcee, and American, or something.

I wonder how quick she gets her Brit citizenship and if she has to go through the same bullshit as my foreign wife just to live here with me. Bet not.

20. krtek a houby

The weird thing is, she's being forced to change/adopt/convert to a new religion to join this strange royal cult and there's no commentary on it at all. Like it's normal.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  21. skyscraper101

Hoping for some more choice merchandise to mark the occasion too :thumbs:

E8A8778B-A340-41C0-A3D1-B8F766524A5E.jpeg

22. Gromit

The priest at the venue they've chosen will have insisted on the conversion not the royals themselves.

This is standard if you want to get married in a church. Having to bullshit the priest that you are a good [insert religious denomination].

Guineveretoo and krtek a houby like this.
  23. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw "Ride me sideways" was another one

It's really not that unusual for religious people of different denominations to undergo* a bit of conversion if they want a church wedding.

* go through the motions anyway

Guineveretoo and krtek a houby like this.
  24. krtek a houby

I went through the motions (well,bricking it somewhat on the day) but there was no conversions foisted on me. Nothing against church/temple/etc weddings but to have to convert seems a bit archaic.

25. Gromit

If you think that's archaic there are some priests who won't marry couples who have lived in sin first. Even though they are of faith they are not pure of faith. Computer says no.

26. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Did I pick up that Megan Markle was a Catholic by background, or have I made that up? :confused:

27. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

Because she can’t get married in church otherwise?

28. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

It is normal, if you want to be married in a Church of England church/cathedral.

29. She’s Catholic, no? At least she went to a Catholic school.

They don’t have to butter up the vicar though, his nan’s the vicar’s guvnor and the church is inside her house.

30. skyscraper101

She’s Protestant, according to wiki. But obviously she’s not CofE being American.