Another Royal Wedding. Hurrah!

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by A380, Nov 27, 2017.

1. copliker

copliker ...

8ball, ViolentPanda, Celyn and 3 others like this.
  2. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

A Nepaling tragedy ...

Celyn likes this.
  3. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

4. cyril_smear

cyril_smear Well-Known Member

Did anybody catch the 1200-1230 segment on Jeremy Vine today. If I heard right(I was driving to a job interview) he was going to be talking about whatever her name is being mixed race.

5. 8ball

8ball Most Ignoreable Poster 2016

Me too! :D

(those cracks lasted about five seconds tbf)

cupid_stunt, A380 and Rutita1 like this.
  6. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Apparently it's all about this... Bleurghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Because Brits are racist? Nooooooooooooooo stop that Founding father, ex pat, Southern settler thinking...the Brits are just trying to take us back :facepalm:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Riklet, pogofish, magneze and 11 others like this.
  7. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

A380, Pickman's model and Kaka Tim like this.
  8. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

We couldn't seem to avoid BBC 24 hour news yesterday. This royal shite :mad: was on in all the pubs, on silent thankfully. But when still at home, earlier, that nauseating sycophant Nicholas Witchell was the straw that broke the remote's back :mad: :facepalm:

From this I conclude there was No Other News At All, Anywhere on Monday 27th November 2017 ;) :hmm:

In one pub, they switched over from BBC to Sky News, which wasn't quite as bad as it goes.

9. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

In 1981 (or was it 1980?), during that royal wedding, a group of us climbed Snowdon on the day for maximum avoidance :)

My request for this bollocks is for it to happen on the last weekend of May next year (the late May Bank Holiday one, but with an EXTRA Bank Holiday :hmm: -- we'll be at Bearded Theory :cool: )

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  10. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Looks like they'll have to call it off:

beyondgrave.JPG

11. Rutita1

Where the AF did you find that? ufff on second thoughts, I am already done...those that hate it, those that are enjoying laughing at those who hate it, same boring nonsense that won't change much more than the amount of people I want to wind swipe because they start using the term Mixed race like they just invented it and own the experiences of every single person that might identify as such. Hahahahahaahahah amazeballs. :(

Mation and Beats & Pieces like this.
  12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

13. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The end is meh

As a long term Bill fan, I have completely failed to get the reference. The shame. :oops::(

Badgers likes this.
  14. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

Take away his 'wedge', position and status, and then place him in a 'normal' environment - and you think this is true? He might be 'normal' looking within a particularly limited context - in another he would clearly be considered physically unexceptional.

15. Mation

Mation real life adventure worth more than pieces of gold

I saw someone put it very well on Facebook yesterday, that there are a lot of white people on the left who want to use her ethnicity as a weapon against the royalists and right wing frothers. But it's very uncomfortable. This is not theirs to play with.

And however much I don't give a shit about Meghan generally, and even though she has chosen to be there, I still wouldn't wish this aspect of what she's about to experience on anyone.

16. KeeperofDragons

KeeperofDragons Crazy dragon lady

Pickman's model, SpookyFrank and A380 like this.
  17. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I know this will be controversial, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. (I have a soft spot for gingers.) All of the circus that goes with him can get to fuck though. You'd have to be self-destructive to consider marrying into that bunch.

18. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Of course not. Perish the thought that the descendants of people who thought that the Mail's "Hoorah for the Blackshirts!" was a good thing, might be at all "challenged" in regard to accepting someone from a mixed-race background!

19. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic cnut, & all round knob-head.

*dyes hair*

20. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Harry was overheard on his mobile.
    "Dad, I'm getting married! Should I tell Charles?"

21. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

That all sorts of fantastic. Love it.

cupid_stunt likes this.
  22. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Have they said when the whole charade will be yet, and if so, will it clash with more important things like next year's Snooker World Championship?

Yes, I am still bitter from the BBC shunting the Ding-Trump semi-final off of TV in 2011.

Actually, if they could clash it with either of the two family weddings I have next year, it'll maximise my chances of avoiding any exposure.

23. Raheem

Raheem Well-Known Member

Those tweets are presumably meant to be satirical, though.

24. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

[​IMG]

No Philip I said Mehgan Merkel not Angela

25. Rutita1

OMG, do y'think? :eek: :eek: :eek:

26. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

if it was a royal weeding I would be far more interested

27. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins Dirty little feet

I should ask my mother-in-law what she thinks but then again, I don't know whether I have the energy for it. She loves the royals.

Pickman's model likes this.
  28. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

29. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

Hes
    He's way more attractive than william

30. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Or a red wedding like in game of thrones

Badgers, Riklet, izz and 4 others like this.