1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another bloody team thread - Everton 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by big eejit, Jun 2, 2016.

1. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

After a month of meh, a great second half against Lukaku's favourite team results in a two-nil win.

2. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

Nice work by Barkley to start and finish the move for the second goal. More of that sort of thing Ross!

3. agricola

The gloom around Goodison after the hammering by Chelsea in midweek has been lifted by Trump's victory this morning.

Every time there has been a world war and the league has been suspended, Everton have been the reigning champions. We are currently 500/1!

Badgers, big eejit and rubbershoes like this.
  4. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

i'm sick of being an everton supporter right now :(

agricola and Badgers like this.
  5. agricola

Something to cheer Mungy up:

[​IMG]

(after being found not guilty of taking a flare into the away end at Sunderland)

:D

big eejit, Mungy and mwgdrwg like this.
  6. agricola

If Mirallas ever plays for us again, I will be amazed.

7. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

So we beat the Gooners 2-1 last night. Some heart stopping moments at the end. But okay, that's football :D

8. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

effcs.png

agricola and big eejit like this.
  9. agricola

Quite possibly the worst managerial antics I have seen in years. I can only think he had money on us not winning.

10. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

what happened?
    I was just looking at the line up on the bbc and saw Jags was back in, Mori came on for Mirallas (70% off) and the Incredible Davies only got about 15 mins. No Holgate. I wondered what kind of formation he'd have taking 70% off off and putting Mori on.

11. agricola

Jagielka and Barry started - and within a minute you could see the old slow, sit deep and wait for the comical mistake tactics take shape. Hull scored, we perked up a bit (or rather Mirallas ran about perking people up) and then got a fluke goal just before half time after Marshall punched the ball into his own net. After that we started the second half alright, Hull came back into it and scored a fantastic free kick (though it was given for a nothing challenge), but it wasn't until Barry and the abject Valencia had gone off that we perked up once again, Barkley equalizing from a good Baines cross.

Obviously at 2-2 and them on the rack he decides to take Mirallas (who had been our best player up to then) off, and put Funes Mori on.

Mungy likes this.
  12. big eejit

I thought Hull were the worst team I've seen in the league this season. And we were largely clueless against them. Koeman has to ditch some of them old men and trust the youngsters.

agricola likes this.
  13. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

Well, that was a good win. MotD highlights of the first half was shockingly sparse :D

Badgers likes this.
  14. big eejit

Reports I've heard were two teams knackered from fixture congestion and Everton outlasted Southampton.

Very welcome 3 points though. We, and Koeman, needed them.

Badgers likes this.
  15. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Great player you have signed in Lookman.

Badgers and agricola like this.
  16. agricola

17. big eejit

What a goal by Davies. Starts the move, gets knocked on his arse, gets up and lofts it gently over the City keeper. Oof!

Must be a bit of a record breaking game.

Last time 4 different players scored?

Last time City conceded 4?

Last time we thrashed a money team by 4 goals?

Etc...

agricola likes this.
  18. agricola

The biggest league defeat Pep has ever been on the end of as well. He looked suicidal at two nil -

big eejit likes this.
  19. big eejit

I said at the time that Guardiola's lost them this game by his sulking. City's millionaires are humans too and it must be so dispiriting to look at your manager and think he's given up on us. A Sunday league manager wouldn't do that. Prima Donna.

20. big eejit

mwgdrwg and agricola like this.
  21. big eejit

And proper boots, none of your daft pink and orange Nikes.

Mungy, agricola and Badgers like this.
  22. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

That was possibly the best Everton performance since the glory days of the 80's. A bit of luck with the Sterling not-penalty and Holgate bringing down Aguero just outside the box. Defensively we were solid and defended as a team for the full 90 mins. Ross was a beast, pulling the strings, the Ketwig Kaiser turned 'em inside out. We rock :D

big eejit likes this.
  23. agricola

It was great, but I am not sure it was that good. The 3-0 defeat of Arsenal in Martinez' first season was better, IMHO.

Badgers likes this.
  24. agricola

Holgate celebrating Davies's goal:

:thumbs:

big eejit likes this.
  25. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

I've blanked the whole brownshoes debacle out of my mind. His first season was phenomenal, so were the following two, for very different reasons. We did play some good football in that first season though. It already seems a lifetime ago :D

agricola likes this.
  26. agricola

Just when you think a 6-3 couldn't be improved upon, Niasse scores against the RS.

Mungy likes this.
  27. big eejit

IMG_20170204_191325.jpg

Mungy and agricola like this.
  28. big eejit

IMG_20170212_211325.jpg
    Great pic of Dixie 'Dixie' Dean in his cricket whites. Pic is dedicated to fellow Everton player Walter Rooney.

Apparently Everton and Liverpool first teams used to play a cricket match against each other every year. Not sure when that tradition ended.

Sea Lion likes this.
  29. big eejit

Great tribute to Alex Young at Goodison today when they had the pre match Z cars music played by a lone piper.

Some great goals too.

30. agricola

I just hope bringing Jagielka back was for that match - I can't imagine anyone else is going to drop their best striker, replace him with a free signing and then not play the ball to him for 90 minutes like West Brom did.