1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another bloody team thread - Everton 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by big eejit, Jun 2, 2016.

1. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

Roberto's gone and some of our best players are likely to follow.

But we have new money and will soon have a new manager.

If it's Koeman we could finally make some progress!

dessiato likes this.
  2. dessiato

dessiato John 7:24

Been a bit stagnant the last few seasons. It would be nice to move upwards a bit more.

3. big eejit

Looks like it will be Koeman.

Ronald Koeman’s agent says Dutchman has agreed terms with Everton

Ronald Koeman’s agent says Dutchman has agreed terms with Everton

Probably the best of those available. Certainly the option with the most PL experience. Apart from Moyes of course, but I think that would've been a negative appointment.

4. big eejit

5. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Excellent appointment but tbh I am baffled why he wants to go to Everton. Perhaps he likes a challenge?

6. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Not happy about Koeman, but good luck to him nonetheless.

7. big eejit

8. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

hope we have a better season than the last two. :D

9. agricola

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Badgers and big eejit like this.
  10. big eejit

11. friedaweed

friedaweed Branded as a fool

[​IMG]

Badgers likes this.
  12. agricola

Stones out, Williams in. Decent business, probably.

Meanwhile negotiations continue over Bolasie; Everton offering £25 million and Niasse, but Palace are holding out for £25 million.

big eejit likes this.
  13. agricola

much better than expected that

14. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

Wasn't a bad first game of the season. Stickleback earned us the point, which I guess is what a goalie is supposed to do.
    Apparently Martina, the previous headmistress of Everton school of science for girls wasn't interested in fitness, which in hindsight for me, explains why we couldn't keep a lead last term. Don't understand why a manager wouldn't want the players to be as fit as possible. Poor Belgium.

15. big eejit

Very good result with some decisive management from Koeman after going a goal down. Weird to have a manager who seems to know what he's doing.

And promising performances all round. Hope Koeman is the man to turn this promise into a great team.

passenger likes this.
  16. passenger

passenger up and down...

I think you have done well getting Bolasie I thought Palace
    where mad to sell him, his a really nice man and the switch
    might bring him on more

big eejit likes this.
  17. agricola

Good result, but that should never have been left to the one goal to win it. Also Deulofeu needs to come back into the side, yes Mirallas scored against West Brom but he doesn't have as much ability to unlock teams as Geri does.

18. big eejit

More last minute transfer day daftness from Everton.

Glad we didn't end up paying £30 million for Sissoko but his antics meant we may have missed other targets while he played his greedy games.

19. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

You managed to prise Enner Valencia away from us though, so not all bad.

Everton legend in the making.

20. big eejit

Seemed like a very desperate last minute move. I actually know sod all about him. You think it could turn out well?

21. agricola

Could be a blessing in disguise that - now there isn't a £30 million player blocking the further development of Tom Davies.

22. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

He started off well with us but hasn't had a great last season or so (which is why he's out on loan). If you can get his confidence back then he'll be alright - if he carries on the way he has been then no, it won't turn out well.

23. agricola

0-3 win, Lukaku fantastic, and if Gueye is still an Everton player next season I will be delighted. Also the club donated £200,000 to the fund raising money for a young Sunderland fan's cancer treatment. A great night all round.

24. big eejit

Everton season depends on Lukaku scoring a few goals so great to see him get back on that horse. Thought Bolasie looked very positive and great to see Lukaku getting onto the end of his crosses.

Bold stuff by Koeman to take off Barkley at half time. That sends a very clear signal to the team. As does everything Koeman does at the moment

25. passenger

passenger up and down...

i think you boys will do well this season, like i said Bolasie will be a real top player
    if managed well, i think he went as far as he could at palace, he looked tired at the end
    that seems to happen to the palace players, something wrong with the coaching i think.

big eejit likes this.
  26. agricola

Is this still Everton?

Yossarian and big eejit like this.
  27. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Five games in and Everton have one more win than Aston Villa managed to get last season.

28. Mungy

Mungy Notcis

yes. yes it is. very everton.

agricola and mwgdrwg like this.
  29. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Sluggish, lazy, stupid, and unconcerened.

Safe to say that the honeymoon period is over already?

30. big eejit

Well that was a pile of shite. We looked threatening for about fifteen minutes in the first half then did fuck all for the rest of the game.

Only winner tonight was Delofeu who didn't play but must offer a spark of creativity that was sadly lacking.