Another Batman Film

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Badgers, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

2. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

3. BernardM

BernardM New Member

Is Jake Gyllenhaal still in the running for Batman?

That would be interesting because I think they are both in a movie together coming up.

But Phoenix is an odd choice in my opinion. I have never seen him do anything other than a subdued kind of mumbly character.

I like him, but the Joker is a very specific type of performance.

Is there a role someone can point to as an exception to the style he is known for?

8ball likes this.
  4. krtek a houby

Walk the Line and Gladiator spring to mind.

5. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

More comic book action hero movies from hollywood yay

imposs1904 likes this.
  6. krtek a houby

It's a genre. Like westerns, gangster movies, rom coms, fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers. Plenty of great films have had their origins in comic books :)

7. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Produced by Martin Scorsese and set in the '80s? Are they going to call it Batfellas?

8. krtek a houby

Oddly enough, when I watched Hugo, it reminded me a wee bit of Burton's 80s Batman in look. The director is Todd Philipps (The Hangover) so, don't know if the pedigree is right. Then again, as much as I loved Beetlejuice I wasn't sure, initially, if Burton could do Batman. I was wrong on that.

Yossarian likes this.
  9. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

"...maybe its me, maybe I’m a little fucked up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you? Waddya mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Yossarian likes this.