Annoying Adverts 2019

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by twentythreedom, Dec 31, 2018.

1. S☼I

S☼I those funny little plans that never work out right

I'm sure I've posted it before on here but watching The Simpsons in NYC in 1997 there were 3 ad breaks during the programme and one between the end of it and the credits.

2. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Hand-wringing liberal.

Fucking grammarly on YouTube.
    "You too can write essays as cliched as 1990s PowerPoint presentations"

I confess I need something like that in French for writing formal letters... I refuse to write formal letters in English so haven't a clue.

3. Epona

Epona Down with battered parsnips

That "one to one" cambridge plan diet advert - "something big in my life was making me stress, my butt didn't fit in my little black dress" - ffs, really???

gentlegreen likes this.
  4. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

That Samsung advert where people spontaneously offer to wirelessly charge up other some other random member of the public's phone by placing their exact same model of phone on top of the others.

Yeah right like that's ever gonna be a thing.

gentlegreen likes this.
  5. circleline

circleline Well-Known Member

Glad that the Trivago bint seems to have died a bit of a death..

Not annoying but am quietly enjoying the (Heineken..? Ooh no, just googled: All that advertising mega-budget wasted on me, as is, in fact: Strongbow ) ad with the band in the pub singing 'Electric Dreams'. Yeah, was wondering: did they find an honest band in the pub or was this a starry, stroppy, session-singer-style staging..?

Do you recognise the Gateshead pub in the latest Strongbow advert?

6. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

that huawei one's music is really getting annoying now.

7. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree I care not for the wealth of Gyges

The Welsh lad asking the Fosters surfers for advice. It'd be annoying enough if it were infrequent, but it's all the effing time on the ITV player.