Annoying Adverts 2018

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by twentythreedom, Jan 1, 2018.

1. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist

Standby for an avalanche of ads for carpet sales and cheap holidays :mad:

marty21, moochedit and T & P like this.
  2. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The Christmas vouchers saving scheme company Park has reared its ugly head already. "I know it's still a while until next Christmas..." Yes, 51 whole weeks, you cunts :mad:

3. twentythreedom

Oh yeah those capitalist pigs crop up every January :mad: it's always park74. tv or park98. ie

Fuck them. They piss me off :mad:

T & P likes this.
  4. gosub

gosub ~#

I can see why they do it but it completely ruins the get irrated by the first mention of Xmas game

twentythreedom likes this.
  5. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

That fucking Huawei "I am what I do" creepy phone-obsessed bollocks. I am not my phone! (Posting from my phone.)

equationgirl and twentythreedom like this.
  6. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I don’t get the Park thing - what is the benefit of it vs putting money into a savings account every week? Do you get better deals out of it for food etc? I know a couple of people who use it and like it but I don’t get it.

7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'm guessing it 'forces' people to commit to save for next Christmas gifts, rather than taking the money out a few months from now and spending it on something else if one finds oneself short of cash. I suspect there might be penalties involved for withdrawing the money early. In any case, you re paid in gift vouchers not cash.

8. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

Yeah I’ve just looked on the website and they’re keen to push the point that you can’t be tempted to spend the savings if you’re with them. Wonder how they make their money - perhaps from the food and drink hampers.

9. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

The unrealistically happy-looking and unfeasibly prosperous-looking mother and child in that Park advert are what grate with me. festivaldeb felt the same even more -- and debt advice wortk is included in her Citizens Advice job.

People who really do have serious debt and skintness issues are the people who'll feel most pressured into using Park and companies like them. Not people who look like they've never had an unpaid bill in their lives, such as the people on the advert -- or at least how the ad presents them ... :hmm:

Image vs reality don't match :mad:

10. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Apart from reinvesting the cash they get from their customers, I would imagine they take a cut from the retailers (Argos, M&S, etc) they offer gift cards for.

11. twentythreedom

The car one with old skool classic "Far Out" in it. Fuck off :mad:

rubbershoes likes this.
  12. gosub

gosub ~#

Ten years ago,several banks including Halifax got in trouble and had to be bailed out by the the tax payer after giving loans to people that couldn't pay them back....Halifax now advertises that it would give a cat that wants a dustbin a mortgage.

13. twentythreedom

That one where the geeky kid says "what's a computer?" to the friendly inquisitive neighbour.

The kid knows damn well what "a computer" means and, by pretending not to know and not answering the polite enquiry, that kid is a dick. I hate that kid :mad:

14. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Usual crop of debt-prodding, guilt-tripping, love-sapping life insurance and funeral plan advertisements intensifying for the new year. (Oh yeah, it's 2018, hadn't noticed, must start saving for the cost of disposing of my mortal remains :thumbs:)
    They're all awful (and I know they're not exactly easy products to sell) but the one where dad & daughter stroll along a sunny shingle beach yapping about, more or less, "yeah well, shame that Mum died but at least she had a lovely funeral" has got to be The Official Worst.

15. gosub

gosub ~#

You're been watching Old people TV, don't blame you tellys been shit this year

16. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

The one with several means of transport one on top of the other being pulled by a guy with a rope.Several of the vehicles have steam coming out the front of them including a Volkswagen combi pickup which are well known for a)having the engine in the rear and b) being air-cooled.Cunts.

17. twentythreedom

Shpock :mad:

SHPOCK OFF YOU CUNT

The latest one, when the voiceover says "what are you waiting for?" like a shit actorrr cunt reading a shit script, badly.

Fuck off, and shove your capitalist "skimming off surplus value" app up your arse :mad:

Surplus cunts

Thimble Queen likes this.
  18. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

That Apple advert where that girl doesn't know what a computer is.

ska invita and twentythreedom like this.
  19. tommers

Ah.

20. twentythreedom

^^mentioned up there :thumbs:

Eta ah I see you saw it

tommers likes this.
  21. tommers

:D Its really fucking annoying.

Get over yourselves "ooh aren't we groundbreaking? What's a computer? This is a lifestyle tool" wankers.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    marty21, Epona, Calamity1971 and 2 others like this.
  22. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

Mr K is generally a laid back kind of guy, but the Shpock thing makes him rage like an injured silverback :D

23. twentythreedom

<solidarity fistbump to Mr K> :thumbs:

I feel his fury :mad:

marty21 and May Kasahara like this.
  24. twentythreedom

I just reread this post :D

RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION :mad::mad:

Totoro303 likes this.
  25. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Quoting from last year's thread because it's reaching new levels of annoyance.

May Kasahara, rubbershoes and T & P like this.
  26. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

Do people still see adverts?

27. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Purple bricks. Every fucking one of them.

28. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

those two women singing about their tiny house. i wish it would collapse with them in it.

seventh bullet and tommers like this.
  29. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The Crimbo Limbo song, which was the first time I saw these two, was actually rather good. They (appropriately) only showed the advert during the week between Xmas and NYE, so it didn't get repetitive and annoying either.

30. Borp

Borp remember

Just grim

20180210_215450.jpg

tommers likes this.