Amazon won the rights to some Premier League games and ALL Boxing Day games

Discussion in 'football' started by nuffsaid, Jun 7, 2018.

1. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

A great win for the consumer!

Oh

3. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

I'm sure there'll be technology available to me to overcome this ridiculous over selling of rights to screw the consumer, but one day I'm gonna say...'you know what...f**k it!'

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

will pubs have to join some sort of business version of prime to show the games?

5. strung out

strung out (",)

Given that there's no way I'm ever going to start subscribing to Sky Sports or BT Sport, this actually marks the first time that I'll be able to watch top flight football at home legally since I was 8 years old.

Not that I will of course, because it's all a load of shite, but nice to have the option :thumbs:

mwgdrwg, bromley, emanymton and 2 others like this.
  6. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

Same here. Look forward to it.

7. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I have BT vision so can watch premiership matches but rarely do. I also have Amazon Prime so now I can rarely watch matches on there too .

planetgeli likes this.
  8. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

First of all they cant show 3.00 ko's and I cant see people huddled round an Amazon Fire tablet watching the games. I suspect they'll strike a deal with either Sky or BT .

9. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

Anyone who can watch Netflix on the telly can watch Amazon Prime on the telly. I have a (very basic) Smart TV that can do it on its own or through the computer its linked to or if both those went wrong I could cast from my phone. And I'm middle aged and a bit of a technophobe.

emanymton likes this.
  10. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Yep , I watch Prime on my telly .

11. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

None of the matches they are showing will be 3pm Saturday kick offs.

I assume as they only have Boxing Day and another bank holiday (I guess it will be around Easter) round of fixtures you’ll be able to choose whatever match you want from every game that weekend.

On the flip side especially for Boxing Day fixtures this will hopefully mean all games kick off at an acceptable time and away fans especially don’t get dicked on by shitty transport services trying to get back from wherever at 10pm which has been a major problem for the past few seasons. Hopefully every game will be a 3pm kick off.

12. The39thStep

Sorry I was on about pubs , traditionally Boxing Day = watching football in the pub

nuffsaid likes this.
  13. The39thStep

If they are all 3.00 ko's they wont be live on Amazon?

14. strung out

strung out (",)

It's only Saturday 3pm kick offs that can't be shown live. Boxing Day is a Wednesday.

15. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

The televised games will eventually kick off later and later to suit overseas viewers. The broadcasters nor the premier league give two fucks for actual supporters that attend games.

The39thStep likes this.
  16. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

Tellies work the same in pubs.

17. The39thStep

We must drink in different pubs , I can't remember seeing a smart tv in any of the pubs I drink in England. I'm back in July so I'll check them out .

sealion likes this.
  18. The39thStep

Ok .

19. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I suppose it had to happen. I don't won't subscribe, so the only time I get to see live matches is if I can be arsed to drag myself off to a ground, or more likely go to the pub.

20. The39thStep

Over here in Portugal one subscription of 35 euros to one provider ( SportTV) gets you Portuguese League ( aside from a handful of games that Benfica TV have) , EPL, France, Spanish , Italian and German leagues plus Europa and CL. I pay £6 a month for an IPTV service that has all EPL games , foreign sports channels and Sky movies plus.a VOD service. I suspect that the IPTV service will stream the Amazon games .

21. cybershot

If the IPTV service shows American channels (not sure if NBC still have the coverage of EPL) then I'd assume you'd get that service anyway?

22. The39thStep

I find the Canadian channels are better than the American ones plus you get Bein Sports ( two to three channels in English ) plus the pretty much any country's channel that has the EPL and in some cases Championship . The 3.00 ko's are in 1080.

23. cybershot

Who you using out of curiosity? Could you send a message if you'd rather not publicly post it?

24. The39thStep

OTTTV
    OVERTOP OTT

25. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Watch it all free on Acestream :thumbs: Better picture than my telly.

tommers likes this.