Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Corax, May 17, 2016.

1. Corax

Corax Luke 5:16

Re Hell on Wheels S04E11 - FFS Bohannon, tourniquet his leg back up, chuck him out the window and claim the death to be from the fall when trying to escape. Fuck's sake man, for an apparently intelligent guy that was thick as pigshit. :facepalm:

2. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

watched the first series of Bosch this week.

Enjoyed it, it's not gonna set the world alight but it's a solid cop show.

Some of the interplay between characters reminded me of homicide, life on the streets

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Isn't it just; great casting, cool dialogue and S & A are superb psychos. Hope they make more.

Sorry, in reference to Hap & Leonard.

4. Corax

Just finished S04 of Hell on Wheels. Can't recommend it strongly enough - watch it; s'great. :cool:
    Got half way through the 1st episode and I was bored to death tbh - does it get better?
    Black Sails and Vikings are both excellent, but I was watching them via bittorrent and I can't remember where I was up to. :mad: :(
    Just started this and first impressions are really good. Even the title music gets a gold star.

Spymaster likes this.
  5. marshall

Hap and Leonard? I enjoyed it from the get-go, but then I'm a fan of Joe R's dialogue from his novels, but do try and hang on in there for the appearance of Soldier and Angel.

6. marshall

'Turn' gets better and better, imo, good recommendation from the aptly named Spymaster.

Spymaster likes this.
  7. Corax

Just seen that Preacher's coming to Prime tomorrow. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

[​IMG]

PursuedByBears likes this.
  8. oneflewover

oneflewover Following "The Tigers"

Didn't make it through the first episode. Glad I didn't pay for it.

9. Corax

I'm half way through episode 2, and not being very familiar with the American Civil War I have to admit that I'm a tad confused as to what the fuck's occurin'... :confused: :oops:

10. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

Same here. Next up is Ep 3 for me and I don't really know what's going on but I still kind of like it.

11. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

My recommendation is don't watch Extant. It's fucking shit. The first few episodes are okay but half way through series 2 you'll lose the will to live.

oneflewover likes this.
  12. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

I quite enjoyed that! Admittedly it was low maintenance viewing and I tended to watch it hungover of a Saturday morning, half asleep.

13. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

BoxRoom likes this.
  14. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

I've seen some good reviews for the first episode, fingers crossed.

15. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Great recommendation. Thanks.

16. Corax

Fuck, how did I not include Mad Dogs???!!

Attention everyone. Stop what you're doing and go and binge watch Mad Dogs. NOW.

Spymaster likes this.
  17. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

It's the American copy on Amazon though.

The original (and better) European version is available on Sky on demand.

18. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Ploughed through Turn over the last week or so.

Really enjoyed it.

Just about to start Black Sails.

Spymaster likes this.
  19. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Did you watch all 3 seasons?

20. marshall

Yeh, Turn really grew on me, binged seasons 1-2, and up to 5 on the 3rd; personally thought it got better and better. Good wrong un in Simcoe too.

Spymaster likes this.
  21. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Yeah, i've watched up to the most recent episode. Got loads of time on my hands at the moment as Wife and kids are abroad for a month.

Yeah, he is a good villain. But his voice is annoying :D

Spymaster likes this.
  22. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Weird isn't it? I was wondering if that was the actor's normal voice. Looked him up on Youtube and there's a discussion about it.

23. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

i'm glad it's not just me!

Spymaster likes this.
  24. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

Hap and Leonard and Mr. Robot are really quite good. So is Tumble Leaf for the little one. Some very good stop-motion stuff for pre-schoolers that doesn't talk down at them.

Red Oaks and Lucifer are crap, but endearing and enjoyable crap.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is somewhat incomprehensible, even by anime standards. But gorsh it looks good.

Constantine supposed to be an abomination if you've ever read the graphic novels. I haven't. It's perfectly enjoyable fluff.

I think Wishenpoof is aggravating as all hell, but the boy likes it. Peppa Pig balances it out.

I see they've got Sons of Anarchy on there. That's pretty good.

25. Corax

Say what now???!!! How did I not notice this?

I only got up to half way through season two and have been meaning to watch the rest since; you may have just made my day. :cool:

26. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

keanu reeves did a better job. Travesty compared to hellblazer comics but tolerable even though I gave up 4 eps in. Lucifer though, I refuse to watch. Having the Devil run a swish bar isn't enough, you have to add that vital american tv ingredient- the cop show angle! The devil working for anyone. This is lucifer, he told the Almighty Throne to stick his job ffs.

27. felixthecat

felixthecat are we there yet?

This. I wouldn't have chosen to watch it without the recommendations on here. I think it's excellent :thumbs:

Spymaster likes this.
  28. marshall

Just binged on both series of Catastrophe, how'd I miss this first time round, it's proper funny.

29. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Almost finished black sails. Love it

Pickman's model likes this.
  30. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Have now finished black sails and really really enjoyed it.

So much to like about it, character development, action, sets, dialogue

Thanks for the heads up urban.