1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing set of photos from the Crossrail project

Discussion in 'transport' started by editor, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Elizabeth Line Crossrail opens 1 year from today. Here's Geoff Marshall's latest - a tour round Farringdon station. Lots of interesting info and spoddy glee:

T & P, A380, Dogsauce and 1 other person like this.
  2. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Haven't watched the video in full, but is there any information so far about ticket prices? I mean, will Crossrail be integrated into the established TFL network and share its price structure and commonality with existing tube and train lines, or are we looking at premium prices to use CR? Also, will there be a premium on the Heathrow spur?

maomao likes this.
  3. Crispy

Fully integrated with tfl zones in London, but no official confirmation of any Heathrow premium or prices to further-flung destinations yet.

A380 and T & P like this.
  4. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

It surely wouldn't work if prices were different. There will be competing services on parts of the line. I got an Abellio train this morning from Romford to Stratford but the barriers at Romford and Canary Wharf where I tapped in and out have no way of knowing I didn't get the TFL rail (ie. Crossrail) train.

The Crossrail trains are rather nice and spacious too. They seem to be running two of them on the TFL rail line at the moment.

A380 and T & P like this.
  5. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

Heathrow's fine - it's replacing Heathrow Connect, not the Express service.

6. Crispy

Connect isn't covered by Oyster though.

7. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

After all the years of shitty replacement buses and weekends stuck at home cause there's no trains I will go seriously fucking mad if I get charged extra at my end of Crossrail.

A380 likes this.
  8. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Only between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow, but it can be used throughout the rest of the route.

That could change come Crossrail though.

A380 likes this.
  9. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

You can do Gatwick on Oyster/contactless now and it's cheaper than booking a ticket (even the advance thameslink fare), I think one of the reasons they've done this is it saves a lot of congestion at the Gatwick end where there's often big queues for the ticket machine. No reason why Heathrow shouldn't be the same (if they can segregate the express service off from crossrail).

10. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Once Crossrail is running will the Heathrow Express continue to keep its passengers. Unless you were heading west or your destiny was near Paddington then the cross rail total journey time is going to be similar or perhaps even better.

For example as a Thameslink type I don’t think I’d bother with HRE and then the circle or District to St Pancras or Farringdon when I can just do Crossrail to Farringdon.