1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altona 93

Discussion in 'football' started by otzenpunk, Mar 29, 2016.

1. otzenpunk

otzenpunk Well-Known Member

Match highlights from the 2-2 draw against Dassendorf. Attendance was 1613.

For our cup match on Tuesday we're travelling to FC Süderelbe, who play in the Oberliga Hamburg as well.

all to nah likes this.
  2. otzenpunk

After about ¾ of the season, Altona has positioned themselves at the top of the table. Surprisingly, Concordia applied for promotion to the Regionalliga as well. Last date to registrate was on Friday, so we know, that nobody else wants to. Coincidentaly, both teams met this Sunday, and Altona managed to hold a 0-0 and kept an 8-point-lead in the table. (Dassendorf are just 2 points back, but haven't applied.) Should be enough to secure our place in the promotion play-offs. (2 out of 4 appliants from Lower Saxony, Bremen, Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein.)

all to nah, Thimble Queen and B.I.G like this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Good luck! Thanks for the updates.

all to nah likes this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I am hoping we, as in our German 'we', make the play-offs. I shall be over for the first two play-off matches, and to be honest, I don't really fancy being a 'neutral' watching Concordia!

Also, please, the Hamburg Cup final....am I being too greedy? ;)

all to nah, otzenpunk and B.I.G like this.
  5. otzenpunk

I'm pretty confident now, regarding the play-offs. We've got five home and only three away matches left, all of them against mid-table teams or relegation candidates, except Buchholz (4th place) at home at the last matchday of the regular season. And even if we somehow manage to lose three of these games, Concordia still had to win all of their remaining matches, including Buchholz away and Dassendorf (2nd place) at home.

Running for the cup is going to be very difficult this year, though. We're in the quarter-finals up against the last 6th-tier opponent in the competition, Dersimspor. This should be doable, although one shouldn't underestimate them. They're fighting for promotion and should be regarded as level on with Oberliga Hamburg teams. And after that, the semi-finals are going to be very tough this year, because the top-teams are all still in. If there aren't any surprises happening in the quarter-finals, the last four teams will be Regionalliga member Norderstedt plus the 3 top teams of the Oberliga Hamburg.

The match against Concordia was attended by 1969 spectators, btw. Can't remember any regular season match with this many. Video highlights by two different people:

all to nah likes this.
  6. otzenpunk

Well, that didn't work out too well. Team had a very bad day at mid-table team Curslack-Neuengamme. Got 2-0 behind, well deserved, and barely snatched a single point with the help of two (undisputed) penalties in the last few minutes. That's two of our 8 point advantage gone. Worse, our goal keeper got severely injured and will probably be missed for a while.

7. otzenpunk

Well, apparently the odds changed slightly in our favour. Underdog Halstenbek-Rellingen beat Dassendorf 1-0, and subsequently we were drawn against them in the semi-final, unfortunately away. The match is scheduled for May 1st. H/R is currently struggling against relegation, and we already beat them twice this season. But of course this happened to be the case for Dassendorf as well, and we were also pretty close to being kicked out of the competition, when we went into penalty shootout against lower tier team Dersimspor on Friday.

Furthermore we could extend our lead on our only competitor for promotion, Concordia, to 9 points. While Concordia lost 1-0 to Buchholz, our team managed to turn around the match against SC Condor, after an early goal concession and losing our GK after half an hour with a red card. It was the second GK we lost in 9 days. Luckily, our management had reactivated and flown in our last season's goal keeper Joshua du Preez, who had in the meantime earned his living in South Africa and was happy to help us again, after the aforementioned accident of our other keeper.

Hamburg Cup: Dersimspor (6th tier) — Altona 93 (5th tier) (just the goals and the penalty shootout, from 3 different angles ;) )

Match highlights Altona 93 — SC Condor

8. Dulwich Mishi

Looking good...fingers crossed!

all to nah likes this.
  9. Dulwich Mishi

Absolutely gutted! As if losing at bognor wasn't bad enough... :mad:

10. otzenpunk

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    pocketscience and Thimble Queen like this.
  11. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Last night Altona won the second of their play offs and cannot finish any lower than second - does that mean they are promoted?

Thimble Queen and otzenpunk like this.
  12. otzenpunk

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Anybody wanting to come over for a big party on Saturday? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Noss, Thimble Queen and sankara like this.
  13. otzenpunk

14. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

Pre-season friendly against the mighty West Ham...

"West Ham United will play Hamburg-based club Altona 93 in the third match of the German leg of their European tour this summer. The Hammers will face the fourth tier German side on Tuesday August 1 at 6.30pm local time (5.30pm BST), following on from the Betway Cup double header against Werder Bremen. The match will take place at Altona’s Adolf-Jäger-Kampfbahn stadium – a 10,000 capacity venue in the west of Hamburg.

Altona is one of Germany’s oldest football clubs, having been formed in 1893 and were one of the German Football Association’s founding members.They reached the semi-finals of the German Cup twice in the 1950s and have moved between the third and fifth tiers of their national league since the 1980s. Last season’s third place finish in the Oberliga Hamburg earned them a move up to the fourth-tier Regionaliga Nord for 2017/18."

Read more at West Ham United to face Altona 93 on German tour | West Ham United

West Ham United to face Altona 93 on German tour | West Ham United

sankara and otzenpunk like this.