All the big trees next to Carlton Mansions (by Somerleyton Road) have just been cut down

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Marka17

Marka17 New Member

Had an interesting call from Ian Leonard, Arboricultural Officer at Lambeth Planning, Transport and Development.

He informed me that the developers had initially proposed to cut down ALL the those trees. It sounds like it was quite a battle and took several iterations before it was agreed all the mature London Plane trees would be protected.

Obviously good news, but I have no idea how at risk this is of changing in the future. Developers being as they are I suspect the matter is not entirely dropped. Certainly worth keeping an eye on.

2. Mr Bim of Bar

Mr Bim of Bar Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely fantastic and will bring much needed cash into the local economy especially the VILARRGE

3. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I don't know if you follow planning applications - you may not know that Lambeth's conservation officer objected about 4 years ago to the provision of a flue for the Pizza oven for Mamma Dough (on the grounds that it interfered with the integrity of the back of the shop terrace - as viewed from the Overground railway).

I just wondered if (having subsequently allowed the building of "The Edge") - those flats now benefit from the aroma of baking pizza - or is it a nuisance?