1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alexa Making Creepy Sounds

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by sky_blue, Mar 12, 2018 at 4:03 PM.

1. sky_blue

sky_blue New Member

Who knows what's up with Alexa and the sounds it makes? It's like a devilish laugh, anyone?
  2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

3. sky_blue

sky_blue New Member

Oh, I see. Great so now I have to wait for them to fix it. Such a waste of money my niece is freaking out... I think I will try to get rid of it. Has anyone had experience with Google Home, I've heard they did a better job than Amazon?
  4. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

It's just a false positive. You could always switch the thing off until they roll out the fix, which isn't likely to be long.
    NoXion and Badgers like this.
  5. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

serves you right for getting this stupid gadget
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model funhouse thrills

You should have got the premium model, which has a hand like out of the addams family. Or the munsters. One of the two.
  7. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

I think with scary laugh is more honest than without scary laugh seeing as you've just invited scary evil Amazon to stick a microphone in the middle of your house. They must be pissing themselves laughing.
  8. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

I added prayers onto my parents Alexa. They are catholic so If I activate it they feel obliged to stop and pray. I know it's mean. It's almost as much fun as asking Alexa about mansplaining to wind my dad up.
  9. sky_blue

sky_blue New Member

The thing is that my niece made me buy it... if it was for me I wouldn't do it for sure! But when it comes to kids I would do almost anything. The thing is that I think we went too fast with the purchase! We did it because everyone was talking and the kids were freaking out. We didn't do our proper research and I am not sure that we made the right choice for our household. Are there any Google Home owners here?
  10. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

What do you use it for, if anything? If you don't use it, have you explained to your niece that they may have wasted their money?
  11. cheesethief

cheesethief Well-Known Member

I have yet to experience the unprovoked creepy laugh, but the other evening, whilst I was quietly chillaxing at home, totally out of the blue & with no prompting on my part Alex decided to tell me the definition of "indeterminism". I have no idea why, unless she was just trying to show off...