1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Album recommendations/heads up 2017: does what it says in the title

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by billy_bob, Jan 5, 2017.

1. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

New EMA (Exile in theOuter Ring) out 25th August

2. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was a bit ambiguous. I got the new Slowdive and like it a lot. What I was wondering was if the new Ride is worth it (your bracketed bit implies not, but if you can confirm that'd be great).

3. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Heard this on Late Junction the other week, can't wait to hear the whole album... Hannah Peel with a big ol' brass band. The album is called Mary Casio: Journey to Casiopia

4. braindancer

braindancer not for long

I gave it another couple of tries but it doesn't hit the spot for me..... couple of pretty decent tracks but on the whole I found it very underwhelming....

stavros likes this.
  5. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

my friend FINALLY got round to putting out his album, it is well worth the wait though, fantastic apocalyptic new orleans ensemble jazz songs... these guys are the real deal as far as jazz goes, they are playing music all the time and anywhere and everywhere (in the environs of Soho anyway)... it is quite an exciting scene, of course a record is never going to capture them live but this does a good job.

ouchmonkey likes this.
  6. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

oh this is wonderful too, new album by david nance... takes bits of country rock and glam stomp but mixes it with hideous noise to very catchy effect

7. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Sluggish, lazy, stupid, and unconcerened.

Tyler the Creator's new album ius out today. It's great!

8. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

OK, I'll probably only bother if I see it dead cheap somewhere, maybe at the end of the year.