Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations 2020

This year is the 50th anniversary of The Stooges' Funhouse. A pristine live soundboard recording of the band from that year (with Dave Alexander on bass) is known to exist. There's no word of an official upcoming release but I'm hoping someone at Rhino Handmade/Easy Action/any label can set it free before the end of the year.

belboid

TUC Off Your Knees
New Julian Cope, Self Civil War, our next week.

interview inc a couple of tracks athttps://youtu.be/PaPyzt-l5SQ

Last edited:

billy_bob

contents may have settled during transit
Cope is touring shortly. The blurb only promises a 'deep dive' into the back catalogue. Presumably at least a couple of the new ones will get an airing...

killer b

[distant cheering]
Currently listening to the new one from Craven Faults - Erratics and Unconformities...

Sounding brilliant so far - Northern Kosmiche Synthesizer Vibes :cool:

there seems to be called 'the mysterious' craven faults everywhere in their publicity - do you know who's side project it is? :D

braindancer

not for long
"Reclusive West Yorkshire producer, who occupies that sweet spot between sombre German kosmische musik, sooty Yorkshire electronica, and hauntological synthesizer workouts.... " :D

Great stuff though.

killer b

[distant cheering]
Really enjoying this album of orthodox early 90s rave from Suddi Raval (who was in Together of Hardcore Uproar fame). Reckon a few of you will be into this...

Buddy Bradley

Pantheistic solipsist
Bit of pop music - Halsey's new album was out last week. Sounds a lot like a lot of other female R&B/pop singers around at the moment, but the songs are pretty good - this is my favourite:

billy_bob

contents may have settled during transit
Sunderland's Field Music have a new one - Making a New World. This track's straight-up Talking Heads, but their style's pretty varied so it might not tell you much about the rest of the album:

killer b

[distant cheering]
Late last year, but new to me: Blake Hargreaves' Improvisations on the Pipe Organs of Europe, which is a series of improvisations on pipe organs. in europe.