Album Recommendations 2019

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Buddy Bradley, Jan 4, 2019.

1. killer b

killer b Minimum Waste / Maximum Joy

No money in music writing anymore so its farmed out to maniacs, hobbyists, trust fund pseuds and mates of the bands instead. I like a lot of music the quietus has pushed my way over the years, but the writing is mostly diabolical no doubt about it.

2. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

All for the better. It made me listen to quite a lot of their list cos I didn't have a scooby about what they were on about and found a fair old bit I liked.

3. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

i think theyve made up all the names of the bands and the albums too

Fez909 and nogojones like this.
  4. killer b

The old ones are the best

5. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Anadol released her third album earlier this year. I'm only just getting acquainted after a tip from a mate and it's lush.

6. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

This is an absolute banger. Listened to the album on bus today, it's quality.

nogojones likes this.
  7. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

NSA records has a new LP coming out. A comp of north east producers. Looks banging. Jungle, tek, makina and a wee bit of donk. What more could you want from life?

8. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Always had a soft spot for Penguin Cafe Orchestra and Arthur Jeffes, son of Simon Jeffes, project Penguin Cafe is very good . If you like that sort of music its perfect Sunday morning or day off work afternoon listening .

killer b likes this.
  9. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

This is a really great ambient record from a bunch of collaborators:

10. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

Soukous done by an American guitarist. I'm really enjoying this one

11. New Forest Swords release out today. "The music for Liam Young's 'The Machine Air', an art film made entirely on drones."

billy_bob likes this.
  12. billy_bob

billy_bob contents may have settled during transit

Cross Record - 'Cross Record'

Their last album 'Wabi Sabi' was my joint no.1in 2016, especially for the track below, although I don't remember successfully persuading any of you lot. I maintain it suffered in the Urban ranking because it was released in early January. This time they might have timed it better to influence some of your lists...

13. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

why did none of you mofo's point out there's a new(ish, now) Kogumaza album out? I only just managed to get hold of a copy...

14. billy_bob

15. billy_bob

Nathalie Stern - 'Nerves and Skin'. I mentioned it a while back before the full album was out. Minimalist folk/tape loop electronica.

She's mesmerising live, too.

16. killer b

It's his first album as Scorn in a decade, but he did a great LP a couple of years ago as Fret which is well worth picking up.

billy_bob likes this.
  17. braindancer

braindancer not for long

This new album from Quirke on Whities is seriously good ambient/experimental/jungle/techno/electronica business :cool:

18. londonkid

londonkid Active Member

Still enjoying Tools new album