1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFA research

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by ftony, Jul 7, 2017.

1. ftony

ftony Well-Known Member

Hi,

I sent the following message to a few people privately but it's been suggested that I put it up here instead. Happy to provide more detail in a private message or email if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Ant

<><><><><>

I’m not really an Urban75 user (though I used to be a regular on the Libcom forums, which I know has some overlap with here), but I’m doing an academic research project on AFA and looking for former participants to interview.

My own perspective comes from a radical/militant anti-fascist background and I’ve been active on and off in anti-fascist circles for a decade or so. The research I’m doing looks at the organisation and effects of AFA and what its strengths and drawbacks can teach contemporary anti-fascist movements and ideas. I’m trying to interview former AFA activists to generate a strong picture of how it operated across the UK.

Interviews will be made anonymous and I am bound by strict regulations that are designed to ensure research participants aren’t harmed or negatively affected by being involved.

If you’re interested, do let me know.

Nigel likes this.