Adult chat-line work, help required for a total newbie please

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by panpete, Jan 20, 2012.

1. panpete

panpete Blokes name, birds body.

Hi
    This is not a benefits query.
    I am 45 years old and receive IB as I am unfit to do a regular job. My IB review is due this year, and even if I am still seen as unfit for work my income will only be half of what I need to survive and pay bills. (advised by DWP)

I need to generate £100 a week. I am thinking of becoming an adult phoneline operator.
    I know that any company I work for will take a cut from income generated. I know there are dodgy firms out there.

I have some questions to ask, as I don't just want to dive in.

As the client will only hear my voice, am I right in saying that I will not be too old to do this work.
    What financial and other pitfalls should I beware of?
    Can I reasonably expect to make £100 a week? and if so, how many hours would I need to put in?

Many thanks

2. TruXta

TruXta tired

AFAIK plenty of older women do chatline stuff. Some might even get a kick out of it - MILFs and all that.

stuff_it and panpete like this.
  3. Dooby

Dooby mince

If it helps, I don't reckon 45 is old!
    Also you make up a persona, just say you're any bollocks, don't let the wankers (quite literally) know anything personal, helps keep it separate

Mr Smin and panpete like this.
  4. panpete

Thanks for the replies so far.

I would like to know if it's going to be financially worth my while, after tax and NI has been paid etc.

Would love to hear from any people with experience.
    If you don't want to post on here, I am more than happy for you to PM me.

:)

5. TruXta

TruXta tired

You could try PMing tribal princess, she does cam work, but she knows a bit more about the adult industry than most of of the rest of us.

frogwoman and panpete like this.
  6. Yetman

Yetman Cheesecar Fucksquad #1

My mate used to do this, part time was around £100 a week iirc. Its not the most rewarding of jobs and can be a bit soul destroying but if you treat it as a laugh and get into it even if you dont really want to it'll make it more tolerable. Have you found somewhere that needs phone operators? Might want to make sure there's the work there before you spend too much time researching it :)

panpete likes this.
  7. panpete

I've just tried pm'ing tribal princess but am unable to as she limits who can see her profile.

Is there any other way I can get in touch with her please?

I haven't found anywhere that needs phone operators yet, as I don't know where to look.

8. AKA pseudonym

AKA pseudonym Well-Known Member

I would have thought there would be job vacancies advertised in the daily sport?

9. stuff_it

stuff_it stirred the primordial soup

Don't you remember when that old bird in Easties was doing it off her phone? Twanging her track suit elastic, etc?

Honestly so long as you don't sound full on 80 and creaky (and don't at least charge more fo it!) then you are laughing. Do think about sound effects - eg could you snap your 'stocking strap'? (sock elastic/bra elastic/etc? Could you 'pretend' to be doing summat with common household items as sound effects? And more important can you keep from sniggering out loud while you do?

And o you need a land line, etc. Is this summat I could do? :hmm:

10. toggle

toggle wobbly

bookmarks thread. I could do with a bit of extra cash

11. panpete

I've done a bit of reading online about it, but cannot find much, cos I don't know what to look for.
    Some people says it's good money, others say it's terrible money. I need to avoid those companies who pay badly.

12. stuff_it

Innit.

:(

Maybe we should set up our own leased line and start our own service....

spawnofsatan and toggle like this.
  13. grit

grit an ugly force for good

I had a mate back in Dublin who did this years ago, she made good money. Her attitude was that you just need to be in the right frame of mind. She used to sell her "underwear" to the callers. She would go to primark on her lunch break, buy knickers for a fiver, spray them with perfume and put lipstick on them. Then would sell them for 50 quid.... fucking madness.

BigMoaner, muscovyduck, Me76 and 3 others like this.
  14. toggle

toggle wobbly

i could use some of that.

15. Celt

Celt Well-Known Member

i'm assuming that IB is incapacity benefit, are you allowed to earn along side it? I understood that you were either capable of work or not, but it is possible this has changed.

16. stuff_it

Peacocks. Closing down sale.

The review will more than likely be a transfer to ESA, but no afaik IB was always income based after the first year anyway.

toggle likes this.
  17. toggle

toggle wobbly

i'm probably having bakunin move down here in a few months, maybee sooner. the result of that is that he will loose most of his benefits and I won't be entitied to anyhting until I'm officially no longer a student, i'm hoping that is at the end of may, but it might be longer. At least that's the start of emmet season and I've got a better chance of getting work selling ice creams to howling sunburnt kids or flipping burgers, but having somehting else that isn't involving 14 hour days on my feet in a kitchen in August would be a bit of a bonus. i'm too old for that shit now.

18. stuff_it

Lots of students have to do sex work, phone chat is definitely on my list of to do's for when I got a place to live.

panpete likes this.
  19. toggle

toggle wobbly

yep.

well, i've got the place, I'd just rather like to keep it.

stuff_it likes this.
  20. toggle

toggle wobbly

and apparently, i have a very posh sounding voice that is awesome when i'm talking dirty. well, someone really likes it.

fogbat and sojourner like this.
  21. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

The mother of a lad I employed did this and she earned well. Can't recall the figures but she used to do about 12-15 hours a week.

Guess you have to deal with some nutters but that is most lines of work.

22. stuff_it

:eek:

lol

:D

I could sound posh if I wanted to...do you get more money for sounding posh then? :hmm:

At least they are safe on the other end of the phone.

23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Yeah. Bit unsettling possibly but can hang up. I do remember her saying that her main earnings came from half a dozen regulars who called her as much to chat that whack off.

panpete and toggle like this.
  24. toggle

toggle wobbly

IDK, but i do know it can have quite an effect on some blokes.

my thought was that while i'm studying, I can be at home working on the books and there to pick up the phone.

25. stuff_it

This is starting to be my thought, of course this starts out 'first get the home' in my case. :facepalm:

26. butcher

butcher boner at the ready

Yeah, yeah, keep going.......:D

toggle likes this.
  27. panpete

You can work 16hours while on IB. I would obviously keep the DWP informed if I decided to go down this route.
    It's not as black and white as either being capable of work or not.

toggle likes this.
  28. panpete

Would you let me know how to go about getting a well paid and rip-off free job?

29. stuff_it

Never done it so no, only person I know that made good money found an employer that did several lines (sex, phone psychic, etc) and doing several shifts on different ones. Also she was in a lot in the evenings/late at night as this is when people get lonliest so if you want to make decent money be prepared to give up a lot of free time.

Bar that no idea, I would be looking into it myself.

30. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

You could get himself to write little "scriptlets" to use on your customers. :D