adidas trainers

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by Proper Tidy, May 19, 2011.

1. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

You lot are evil. Supporting Vietnamese child sweatshops just cos you think you're cool.

pengaleng likes this.
  2. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

superstars hurt my feet :(

3. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

That sucks. :(

4. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

ASOS have started a new section called 'active wear' and it has loads of lush adidas stuff.

pengaleng likes this.
  5. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Got these in the post yesterday. Now owned by Adidas.

1484042781281907735778.jpg

Serious tread. I don't want to get them dirty yet. :oops:

6. pengaleng

my tubulars are so awesome - thought they'd be shit ugly, but they arent and they are so comfy

when i teach myself how to walk properly again cant wait to walk around in em :cool:

the sole is like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Biddlybee and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  7. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Doesn't look like it should give much friction!

8. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

I have owned two pairs of Adidas, some superstars from Barnzleys shop in Tisbury Court
    which came with a complimentary set of fat laces
    and these.......

image.jpg

....which took me round Mexico & still looked like new after a rub down with a damp sponge and a brush.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  9. pengaleng

might use em as skates then, we'll see :cool:

10. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

I bought these the other day, not things of jaw dropping beauty, but they're a nice update on the superstar design - and much more cushioned and supportive. They look fairly smart, and they did me a whole night dancing to hardcore techno in a club with a shitty concrete floor without having shin splints and fucked knees in the morning, so all good!
    [​IMG]

bimble likes this.
  11. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Bought these today

[​IMG]

iona, S☼I and juice_terry like this.
  12. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Serious tread is serious.

Nekkid tread ----->

13. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Got these Neo Cloudfoam, incredibly comfy :thumbs:
    neocloudfoamswish.jpg

iona and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  14. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

Got Cloudfoam on my gym shoes, well comfy they are...

CLOUD.JPG

ringo likes this.
  15. ringo

My Mum says putting shoes on the table is bad luck. But then she also says I'd laugh to see a pudd'n crawl.

16. Bahnhof Strasse

I'm sure there's a sound reason for the shoes on table thing, like you don't want dog-shit on the thing you eat of...

Those are the only trainers I have ever owned that have never been worn outside, not even once.

Come to think of it, they're the only trainers I've ever done any training in too.

ringo likes this.
  17. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

I always thought the superstition came from the only time shoes is on the table is when layin out a dead man

Bahnhof Strasse and ringo like this.
  18. ringo

Wikipedia link:
    An uncommon superstition is that bad luck will come to a person who places shoes on a table.

Another belief common in the North of England is that the tradition relates to the coal mining industry. When a miner died in a colliery accident, his shoes were placed on the table as a sign of respect. By extension, doing so was seen as tempting fate or simply as bad taste.[1]

In the world of theatre, putting shoes on a dressing room table is considered by some to bring the risk of a bad performance, just as "Break a leg!" is considered good luck.[2] Also described as an old wives' tale, the superstition may date back to medieval times.[3] Some sources ascribe the origin to the fact that criminals were hanged while still wearing their shoes.[4] It may have something to do with death, and the idea of placing a new pair of shoes on the table would signify that someone had just died, or you would have bad luck for the rest of the day, quarrel with someone or lose your job.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  19. Bahnhof Strasse

In Thailand it's incredibly rude to sit with the soles of your feet facing someone, that must be dog-shit related, at least?

ringo likes this.
  20. ringo

Just read in some places in the past it signified death and as everyone only had one pair of shoes their appearance on the table told everyone who it was.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  21. ringo

My Mum used to give me a smack round the ear and say 'See, told you it was bad luck'.

DotCommunist likes this.
  22. Bahnhof Strasse

:D

23. Match

Match New Member

Can anyone help me find some adidas trainers, I saw someone wearing them the other days, they were white, with red stripes and a red cross on the back of the heel, looked a bit like Gazzels, I've searched all over the web and no joy, thanks.

24. Nice one

Nice one Well-Known Member

adidas italia 1960

25. ringo

Ooooooh want

Neely Air Roland TR-808: Disturb the Peace

adidas-tr-808-prototype-3.jpg

NYC based creative marketing agency Neely & Daughters have developed TR-808 inspired Adidas sneakers that are fully functional.

Designed and constructed as part of the “Just for Kicks” creative challenge, the custom Mi Adidas are called the Neely Air Roland TR-808: Disturb the Peace.

Inspired by Roland’s iconic drum machine as well as break dance culture and the police code for disturbing the peace, “808”, the shoes feature volume control and six different pre-programmed settings.

As these were built specifically for the “Just for Kicks” creative challenge, only a prototype exists and they are not available to purchase.

For more on the TR-808, watch a documentary chronicling the history of the influential drum machine or play the in-browser version here.

These Roland TR-808 Adidas are fully functional

Fez909, Mattym and fishfinger like this.
  26. Match

Match New Member

Thanks Nice One, any idea where to buy them from, can't find any new online.

Nice one likes this.
  27. bmd

bmd you left me standing here

28. ringo

Latest
    crazytrainprochill.jpg

29. iona

iona makes George Orwell look like a dalek

Just got some plain white Stan Smiths. I'm still not sure how - I was meant to be buying some smart shoes and somehow managed to rationalise buying trainers instead :facepalm:
    [​IMG]

30. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

A lovely pair of trainers

Nice one likes this.