Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Adam Yauch (Beastie Boys): RIP

pesh

definitely :cool:
i saw the london show of that tour, wern't they doing BMX tricks on the revolving stage at one point?

ska invita

back on the other side
That is AMAZING!
Really respect them for this - they started doing this as kids and were about as good as any other bunch of young teens (maybe a bit better tbf)-
their live shows in the 80s/early 90s were good, but nothing special,
but they seemd to work harder and harder every year that goes by, so that by 99 they could pull off a show like that. They could all easily have retired and burned out after Pauls Boutique... inspiring i think.

hammerntongues

First time I ever went to Brixton was to see the Beastie Boys, 24th May 1987

RIP MCA
Pretty sure I was there too , supporting Run DMC if I remember ? All sorts of media hype before hand trying to suggest that there was going to be a lot of tension between the black and white rappers and punters , turned out to be bollocks , it was also my first rap gig . Absolutely fucking love Licenced , played it to a scratched mess .

cancer is a terrible thing . RIP

Lazy Llama

Suburban robots that monitor reality
Pretty sure I was there too , supporting Run DMC if I remember ? All sorts of media hype before hand trying to suggest that there was going to be a lot of tension between the black and white rappers and punters , turned out to be bollocks , it was also my first rap gig .
Yeah that was the one, the whole tour was hyped up by the tabloids with stories of abuse of the disabled and riots. I just remember the gig being loads of fun, with a huge cock appearing from a box onstage which was then liberally showered with beer cans :D

ska invita

back on the other side
They usually make the shows available to watch back after the fact in case anyone missed this, or wants to see from the start... Mr Thing one of the UKs best hiphop djs for sure. ChrisP aint bad either ;)

ddraig

dros ben llestri
amazing! :cool:
where abouts is it? reckon it'll stay up for a couple of weeks?
due down there at end of month

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
For any fans The Beastie Boys Book is essential.
Its written by mostly Adam Horowitz with a lot by Mike Diamond and a few other contributors.
Its mostly writing but has shitloads of brilliant photos, diagrams, a recipe, newspaper articles, bad reviews, a comic etc etc
It really is a masterpiece and should be the template all music autobiographies should work to imho.
Because of the style of it they can have little side pieces; the tour bus, the art of the mixtape, the odd percussionist they had on one tour etc
Its expensive but hefty (not one you can read on the commute)