Abandoned Billionaire's Row - urban explorer takes a look

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Apr 10, 2019.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Squat the fuckers

2. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

[​IMG]

3. yield

yield zero

Celyn likes this.
  4. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

The one showing on the front of your video editor has been abandoned years. I've left London nearly 20 years and I'm pretty sure it was abandoned then.

I fucking loathe Bishop's Avenue.

ruffneck23, pesh and Pickman's model like this.
  5. Chilli.s

Chilli.s changed the little words

Could it be that there's enough housing for everybody and just a lack of ability to force the greediest in society to be less wasteful.

6. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

some mates of mine had a house on that street about 10 years ago, i remember them rehanging all the chandeliers in the trees for the eviction party :cool:

7. 8ball

8ball BUY QUALITY SLAT NOW!!

No.

Chilli.s likes this.
  8. Enviro

Enviro Make your assessment

Show us the data on empty dwellings and housing need?

9. 8ball

Was that a question? If it was you are missing a word, I think.

(I was being sarcastic, anyway, I do wonder what the neolibs' justification for this kind of bollocks is...)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  10. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

we did! at least two different houses between 2000 and 2004. can't believe these places are still empty fifteen years later. i wonder how much the cunty owners are paying for security? insane.

Celyn and planetgeli like this.
  11. 8ball

Basically banking the land for the future. Some bits there would make great locations for filming post-apocalyptic horror films.
    Wonder how often the security are round...

mojo pixy and Celyn like this.
  12. Enviro

Enviro Make your assessment

Questions tend to have question marks at the end of the sentence. What word did I miss? Did you want me to say please?

Actually, i see what you mean, it was more of a demand than a question. In that case, i demand you show us the data :p

13. 8ball

I think you possibly just added a question mark to a statement in this case.

14. If you do squat one, OB will try and do you for residential buildings. get the twonks to check the land registry and see how many properties on that street are owned by individuals. Oh yeah, they are (nearly) all owned by companies, ergo business premises, innit, officer.

Badgers, pesh and Enviro like this.
  15. 8ball

In which case, just say you own it.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  16. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

also, where possible, try to get the angry estate agent accompanying the police to shout at them and tell them how to do their jobs :thumbs:

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  17. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Security? Cant be that good if people are getting in them.
    repossess the lot, demolish them and build social housing on the length of the street.

Enviro and Wookey like this.
  18. 8ball

After a decent party in post-apocalypse Toffsville.

19. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

my friend squatted a house in the bishops ave in about '93 , next door to somewhere where the queen mum was visiting in a few day , the got fucked off out by some very smartly dressed , very big , very nasty people.

Something about national security :hmm:

20. Wookey

Wookey Muppet is not a slur

There are many empty properties in the country, but that doesn't mean if they were all donated to homeless people that homelessness would disappear.

We need millions of new affordable social homes to be built urgently, in the RIGHT areas where people need them, at a rent they can afford, with the protection of longer tenancies and the abolition of no-fault evictions.

That would solve the housing crisis. Why should a homeless person put up with being dumped in a crumbling, damp old mansion miles away from their families and friends? It's not as simple as that, sadly.

8ball, Chilli.s and Enviro like this.