A Woman's Place is Speaking Up in Wales

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by shygirl, Apr 6, 2018.

1. weepiper

weepiper Jock under the bed

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Thanks, I have edited my post to include it because I had misjudged how recently it was mentioned in the conversation prior to my post.

3. weepiper

weepiper Jock under the bed

4. frogwoman

frogwoman лягушкая женщина

Baboonking and Vintage Paw like this.
  5. Sunset Tree

Sunset Tree Well-Known Member

Just saw this event to discuss the gender recognition act was no platformed by some masked protesters. Pretty shit behaviour and as an aside of course they all sound really posh.

6. Sunset Tree

Sunset Tree Well-Known Member

Some more footage

7. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I’ve no idea what’s going on there, or who is who. But I’ve taken a look at “Posie Parker’s” tweeting and decided that she seems like an unpleasant bitch :)

8. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill

Entitled little brats

Sunset Tree likes this.
  9. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

What the actual fuck is going on here? I just cannot work it out.

10. Thora

Thora Differently Ethical

I think Julie is trying to get up the stairs into the feminist meeting, and the masked students are blocking her.

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  11. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I’ve googled Julie Bindel. Guardian journalist and women’s campaigner for women who kill their violent partners.

So she was trying to go to a woman’s meeting, and was blocked by what look like a group of predominantly young men trans activists covering their faces.

Was the meeting to discuss transgender issues?

12. FabricLiveBaby!

FabricLiveBaby! Live Baby Fabric!

The meeting was to discuss the effect of self identification on women and transsexuals. So transgender issues, but also the wider effect on females and GRC holders.

The recording of the meeting is available here:

First speaker was rather academic, and shaken from the kurfuffle I reckon. Third speaker rings true to me. Make yer own minds up. It's about 3 hours. Talk starts 20 minutes in.