1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A thread of wrestling

Discussion in 'general sports' started by kained&able, Jan 9, 2010.

1. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Womens Royal Rumble now confirmed.

3. cybershot

I hope we get some legends come out the woodwork, like we sometimes get with the mens, although was none last year.

Also hope it's a 1 min gap between each entrant, otherwise it's going to be a very long night watching rumbles!

Main event is a no brainer, Kane takes the pinfall to Lesnar. Was hoping a Reigns Rumble win wouldn't happen as would be too obvious, but unless creative can somehow come up with a story line for him and Lesnar before WM, I'm now thinking it's their only option. Otherwise would like to see Nakumura win Rumble and set up a match with AJ.

4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Given all the Ronda Rousey Wrestlemania rumours, they could also use the Rumble to bring her in and set her up for a championship match.

5. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I finally signed up to New Japan World and am watching some of the WrestleKingdom PPV live (I missed quite a few hours and have tuned in during the Tanahashi match)

bromley likes this.
  6. cybershot

Watching this today. Every match has been brilliant, and I like the way it just moved on to next match pretty quickly without a load of BS inbetween, WWE need to do more.

At 47 Jericho just had one of the best matches of his career, and well, If I'm watching NJPW (only 2nd time, Omega and Okada at Dominion 6.11 being the other) the he is doing his job.

The hard part is keeping up with what is going on in NJPW.

7. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yeah, I loved the matches I saw and am about to watch the ones I missed.

Apart from the exceptional quality of so many NJPW matches in recent years, what I like best about that promotion is the variety on offer - WWE has a standard match template that makes everything too samey, especially when coupled with overly scripted promos. In NJPW there are so many different sorts of matches on a card that even the long shows fly by, fun!

I've not tried to fully keep up with that promotions programs all year before, I will give that a try now that I have a subscription. I've mostly just watched a few of the January shows in the past. I'm kinda looking forward to the challenge of keeping up with the G1 tournament!

Also, I love Minoru Suzuki.

bromley likes this.
  8. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Prickly Pollster

Aaaaaaaaaand, one botchy move sees Paige bow out for the last time. Fuck's sake. She's been back like six weeks :mad:

9. cybershot

Saw that late last night. One of about only 3 decent mic workers in the women’s division as well.

Despite what anyone may think of her as a person she’s had a turbulent past 18 months and recent interview said she’d contemplated suicide so hope she’s got the right people and support around her at the moment because this is probably the worst news out the lot.

bromley likes this.