A thread of video art

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by 8115, Sep 12, 2019.

1. 8115

8115 Macaroni straws.

I know it's a bit niche but I really like video art. I don't know if anyone else does, if so would be interested to hear thoughts, see any videos, etc. I'll get started.

Hito Steryl. There doesn't seem to be too much on youtube but I'll check out Vimeo etc later. Here is one she made. How to Avoid Surveillance.

I also really like Forensic Architecture. This is very hard-hitting (all of their work is pretty severe to be fair), so be aware it is upsetting. The enforced disappearance of the 43 Ayotzinapa Students.

Obviously (in my opinion) video art is much better viewed in a gallery but needs must. Lighter videos also appreciated.

blossie33 likes this.
  2. 8115

8115 Macaroni straws.

Here is a clip from Ghost Story by Willie Doherty. I was looking for this which is what inspired this thread. I've seen it all the way through, it's incredible.

blossie33 likes this.
  3. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

I've seen some of the Forensic Architecture videos, one I remember from an ICA exhibition a couple of years ago was helping to prove Bedouins had inhabited an area from way back that the Israeli Government had moved them off - more like a documentary really but very interesting.
    They also had a video in the Jerwood Prize at the Tate last year.

I've seen a few more arty vids in various exhibitions but unfortunately I can't remember the names or artists who made them :confused: