A thread for pizza love

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Pickman's model, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

There's a brilliant pizza place near me. Similar to FM but they do vegan and meat pizzas. It's a great place to go with fussy cunts :thumbs:

kittyP likes this.
  2. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Oh Pickmans you bastard I want pizza now but I have a pasta bake in the oven :mad:

I am a hard yes on anchovies but Spymaster is right, pickled ones do not belong on a pizza.
    In fact I think the pickled ones are only good as they are or like on a cracker or part of tapas or something :hmm:

PippinTook and Spymaster like this.
  3. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

I've only ever had the ones in lemon and olive oil and they are fit. Never on pizza though only as a snack on a cracker or in a homemad putanesca.

PippinTook and kittyP like this.
  4. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Stare 'em out, in an enigmatic way, whilst scoffing your pizza and a nice glass of something.

5. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Just had lovely pizza in the pub. A white one with taleggio, mushroom, truffle salt and rosemary. and a tomato, basil , mozzarella and exotic olives one.
    Served on a plank though :mad:

PippinTook and farmerbarleymow like this.
  6. dilute micro

dilute micro esse quam videri

So it was a pirate pizza. :cool:

PippinTook and moose like this.
  7. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

8. UrbaneFox

UrbaneFox cream crackered

9. PippinTook

PippinTook Some are born to sweet delight

danny la rouge and cupid_stunt like this.
  10. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

A local pub to me, with excellent food, serves it in weird ways.

The homemade burger on a plank of wood, with the chips in a tin can. :confused:

But worst was one meal, I forget what it was now, turned-up in a fucking frying pan! :hmm: I sent it back, requesting a plate.

PippinTook likes this.
  11. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

I went to Franco Manca the other week for the first time. Had the tomato, oregano and garlic one for £4.95. Could have been the best pizza I’ve ever had.

PippinTook and Pickman's model like this.
  12. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

FM's quality control across their locations is rubbish. I've had a great pizza from the Brixton one as well. But using the Soho shop put me off ever ordering from there again (they could have at least cooked it). At least in that part of town you're spoiled for choice - went for Pizza Pilgrims instead the next time and I give that a thumbs up.

Edit: maragaritas - I normally try that first. If they can do that right then the rest of the pizzas should be bloomin' marvellous.

13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

not been to the soho one, but to the russell square, stoke newington and tottenham court road ones. and to the one in the angel. each one's been good.

14. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

am i the only one who doesn't rate FM Pizza highly (although I generally love Italian Pizza)? I find the dough boring, it gets chewy and rubbery as soon as it cools down, and the cheese they use is nothing but boring.....i don't go.

Pickman's model likes this.
  15. Pickman's model

the trick is to eat it while it's hot.

16. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

It could have been an off day. But that's the thing in the West End - you don't really get a second chance unless you're selling something unique. For instance, I gave NY Fold a pass once because no-one else nearby does that style of pizza well. But within a 5 minute walk of FM, there's Pizza Pilgrims, Vapiano, and Firezza. Make it 10 minutes and add in ICCO and Homeslice. (and the aforementioned NY Fold, but that's a different style of pizza) And that's just if you want good pizza. God knows how many Pizza Expresses and other places that give it go.

17. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

there's only so and so much room for pizza per minute.

18. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

also, a good Pizza is equally delicious, hot or cold.

Chz and Pickman's model like this.
  19. Pickman's model

takes 10 mins to eat an fm pizza.

20. Pickman's model

yeh. well, i've never let an fm pizza get to the point where it's cold.

21. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

just not convinced by their Pizza, that's all. Sorry to piss on your thread.

22. Pickman's model

that's all ok, littleseb. i can cope with people disagreeing with me :)

23. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

24. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

Just ordering

Tutto Formaggi,
    + Anchovies
    + Capers

Meat Feast ,
    + Pineapple

Don't look surprised. I already told you I am perverted.

(From Godfathers in Norwood)