911 First responders and reauthorizing the 9/11 victim compensation fund.

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by gosub, Jun 11, 2019.

1. gosub

gosub ~#

v good speech by Jo Stewart

Lupa, yield, agricola and 6 others like this.
  2. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Rollin, rollin...

Sadly it seems politicians everywhere only like to be around heroes if there is a possible photo opportunity.

3. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Might want to edit thread title.

4. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

He’s been on this issue for years to his credit. It really is shameful.

Lupa and agricola like this.
  5. gosub

gosub ~#

The elephant in the room is the dust/ash. It went everywhere. And the death toll WILL end up X1O of the day. Helping the first responder's,... Ain 't a person on the planet who wouldn't say they deserve better. Its the foot in the door for claims it allows that would break the balance sheet.

BUT THOSE GUYS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND.. Thank you, YOU MOVED THE BAR ON IRELAND.
    {and 5 secs ain't bad on doing your job.)

6. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

I think they're probably running the clock down hoping they'll all die. And they couldn't even be bothered turning up for the meeting. But i bet they've all got little flag badges on their lapels. Cunts.

nogojones, Yuwipi Woman and Sprocket. like this.
  7. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

I watched three times, and was still moved. All these years later, and still nothing.

editor and Badgers like this.
  8. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

At least they didn't try to filibuster it this time.

9. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Responders. And Jon.

10. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

I am convinced that we need psychological testing of elected people. In fact of anyone in a position of power. We’re not currently putting enough weighting in this respect on individuals who clearly have personality disorders. They can cause a lot of harm especially if they have power. I also think our advancing knowledge in this area should be applied with regards to selection for office. Myers-Briggs is used quite a bit in executive selection. I work a lot with axis 2 anti-social PD’s (psychopaths) and they’re pretty easy to spot in a short period of time. I see a lot of people in politics with these traits. ‘Snakes in Suits’ by Bob Hare and Paul Babiak is a good primer.

agricola and likesfish like this.
  11. petee

petee i'm spartacus

NB this is congress vs NYC. dirty, liberal, elitist NYC. never lose sight of that.

editor and Ming like this.
  12. petee

petee i'm spartacus

13. gosub

gosub ~#

14. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls