1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/11 Attacks - anniversary thread

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by A380, Sep 11, 2016.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Have you read those links provided earlier or do you have no need because YouTube. And because some guff from some bloke with no relevant qualifications who was funded by loons? And that's what you choose to believe in!

But just to go along with your barking theories, how many people do you think would have been involved overall in the planning and execution of this massive operation? 5,000? 10,000? What do you reckon?
    Even going along with your WTC theory, there's going to be thousands of people involved, right down to the insurance companies who - by their very nature - would try to make any claims null and void. They've accepted the official version so they must be in on it too.

spikey_r, Ponyutd, kebabking and 4 others like this.
  2. squirrelp

squirrelp Well-Known Member

I think the basic answer to the objection 'someone would have blown the whistle' is... Jimmy Savile

It takes surprisingly few people to do the crime, then the cover up happens pretty much by itself

3. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

and that's it in the end , that's your argument Jimmy bloody Savile. I can only assume you are having a mid life crisis or summat. Like the bloke below...

[​IMG]

spikey_r and Pickman's model like this.
  4. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt ... and my name's not chuck.

Fuck off, loon.

Kaka Tim, spikey_r, editor and 6 others like this.
  5. existentialist

existentialist ...and the horse you rode in on.

The failure to expose Jimmy Savile was down to entrenched societal attitudes towards child sex abuse, a charismatic perpetrator, and legal threats. Completely different scenario to the ones we're talking about here. But thanks for playing Selectively Debating With Non-Sequiturs, we do hope you'll play again.

spikey_r, Almor, editor and 8 others like this.
  6. twentythreedom

twentythreedom doesn't like the cut of your jib

That's fucking classic :D "The answer is.. Jimmy Savile" :facepalm:

7. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Congratulations on making possibly the most monumentally fucking stupid post on this subject ever.

Now, fuck off.

A380, spikey_r, Almor and 12 others like this.
  8. I wouldn't bother arguing with a Truther as their position tends to be ingrained as some schizophrenic-esque unshakeable belief so logic is dismissed and for every fact you can point to they'll have some crackpot study refuting it. Fun for a bit but gets boring quickly.

9. jusali

jusali Happy daze.....

:facepalm: Please just close this thread it's an embarassment to everyone :oops::oops:

10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

No it isn't, just to the 'loons

A380, spitfire, NoXion and 1 other person like this.
  11. cupid_stunt

The loons tend to be lost, so as you say it's pointless trying to discuss anything with them. However, a response is good for anyone in the future that stumbles across any nonsense that has been posted, and who otherwise may get sucked into the bollocks.

Frankly, I can't be arsed with them any more, not after so many years.

There's a loon in my local pub, at any opportunity he starts up, people have had enough of him now, even the landlord who has recently asked him to shut the fuck up or been barred.

911_truth_meme.jpg

12. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

9/11 was an inside job because ... Jimmy Savile??

If we're going to have this conspiracy shit - and I'm not entirely sure why this thread is still here - then maybe Jazzz should be reinstated to have a proper crack at it.

13. Nylock

Nylock I hate 'these days'...

I think the answer to all the world's ills (both real and imagined) is Jimmy Savile:

What is the existential threat the North Koreans are developing a nuclear deterrent against? Jimmy Savile
    Who is responsible for the rise of the alt-right? Jimmy Savile
    What's currently causing the break-up of the Antarctic ice sheet? Jimmy Savile
    Who did the USG consult with when setting in-train the 9/11 false flag event? Jimmy Savile*

...the possibilities are endless.

*He did mysteriously 'die' at the point 9/11 truth activists were loudest and most prevalent in the social consciousness...:hmm:

spikey_r and cupid_stunt like this.
  14. If he is actually dead that is.

Kaka Tim, cupid_stunt and Nylock like this.
  15. Nylock

Hence my scare-quoting of the word 'die' ;)

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  16. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

George W. Bush must have one of these stashed away somewhere.

[​IMG]

17. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Jim Savile = 9 letters
    Jimmy Savile = 11 letters...

9/11 OMFG how did I not see this...:eek::eek::eek:

Kaka Tim, A380, Ponyutd and 9 others like this.
  18. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

But he didn't see the 2nd plane because he was in the classroom, by the time he could have seen any tv footage he would have known it was a terrosrist attack so his comment about a bad pilot is non sensical.

19. Pickman's model

Sir JImmy Savile OBE KCSG

Nylock likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's quite awesome logic. Jimmy Saville was one person. Your lunatic fantasy conspiracies would involve tens and tens of thousands of Americans - from workmen to business bosses to heads of government and all sorts of companies inbetween - all happily complicit in a public act that saw the deaths of thousands of their countrymen. And all of them have kept quiet forever because being directly involved in the global humiliation of America and the murders of your fellow Americans is something that's easy for everyone to keep quiet about.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What? Bush made an idiotic comment, you say? Well, that's all the PROOF we need of a massive conspiracy and cover up then.

A380, spikey_r, Pac man and 4 others like this.
  22. Pickman's model

19 of these were found in the wreckage of the hijacked planes. You'll never guess what Osama bin Laden asked jimmy savile to fix

23. cupid_stunt

bin-laden-caracature.jpg

kebabking and Pickman's model like this.
  24. nuffsaid

I have to say it was a little odd how the passports of the hijackers were almost immediately found a few streets away - or am I mis-remembering (Mandela effect).

I remember they found all sorts of documents in a hire car at the airport, which is totally reasonable as they had the passenger manifest and so would have easily tracked those who hired it. Might have been other fake passports in there I'm thinking of..........but the ones used to board would surely have been toast. Unless they didn't have their seat-belts on and they flew straight out of the plane cockpit windows and onwards to the open hands of FBI agents.

25. hot air baboon

hot air baboon Well-Known Member

US government culpability really boils down to "proxy" involvement with Islamic militancy by virtue of the Afghan war & its incestuous relation with the Saudis

whilst white-washing or redacting details of Saudi involvement it was happy to promulgate its own 9/11 conspiracy theories involving Saddam Hussein combined with a brazen lack of candour or apology for the staggering failure of the vastly expensive military/intelligence bureaucracy that allowed the operation to succeed

you can build this out to an extreme version that complacency & inertia in the face of the threat actually amounted to a deliberate effort to "let it happen" for some machievellian geo-political purpose. That's as afar down the 9/11 rabbit hole as I'd ever go. I could never get too bothered about exactly how the WTC was destroyed - the mission succeeded the instant the planes hit the buildings & produced the front page images of the exploding fireballs.

26. nuffsaid

And well said...that's as close to my view that I can articulate...:thumbs:

27. 2hats

2hats ☢️

US citizens travelling domestic wouldn’t have needed passports. The hijackers might have had them on their person or, more likely, left them in luggage/seat pockets/etc further back in the airplane (it’s not like they needed them anymore or would want to be encumbered with irrelevant baggage; indeed arguably they wanted to be identified).

I’ve pointed out in other threads concerning airline accidents - that it is quite possible that when an aircraft impacts something solid, light documents/material may exit the vessel and be found intact, untouched by fire (piston effect as aircraft compresses from the cockpit backwards, material exits further back along airframe which has buckled, cracked and opened, since shockwaves will propagate to weak points through the airframe ahead of the accelerating, soon to be exiting air).

Nylock and Pickman's model like this.
  28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If phones dropped from the edge of space can survive, passports would have a pretty good chance too.

Passport Recovered

A380, spikey_r, alan_ and 1 other person like this.
  29. nuffsaid

Sure - seems legit, I don't need convincing a bunch of Saudis flew planes into various buildings. hot air baboon 's view seems most reasonable, when looking at a longer historical view and who benefited after the event.

30. Nylock

Seriously though, regarding Jimmy Savile it was a case of a dangerous sexual predator picking targets who he knew wouldn't be believed by the authorities (juvenile offenders/the mentally ill/the disabled) and who were intimidated by his celebrity (young guests on his TV show). He relied on the indifference of the establishment of the day towards the former and his celebrity*, widespread popularity, VERY visible charidee work and avuncular image to further intimidate the families of the latter through peers simply not believing he was capable of such acts and thus not believing/being hostile towards the affected families/kids.

In addition he relied on his mobility (the notorious caravan/cars) and the poor communication infrastructure of the day (60's thru 80's) to stay a step ahead and, not forgetting, he was a HIGHLY litigious individual who would threaten court at the merest whiff of scandal. FInally, once he started getting honours (Knighthood etc) and became a 'national institution' at the height of his activities, complainants felt that he was unassailable so gave up before trying.

Had he begun his odious activities later on (i.e. around, say, 2001) he would have been rumbled and chucked in chokey tout suite. He took advantage of a particular set of circumstances (a perfect storm) that enabled his gross activities. However, he was not the only serial abuser and pederast from those times -he is just the most prolific and well-known.

Savile Managed to get away with it for as long as he did because of everything highlighted above (and more). There was no conspiracy (deliberate or otherwise) allowing him to operate the way he did -to suggest otherwise is contemptible and demonstrates a monumental misunderstanding of the dynamics at play both with him and his fellow travellers and the society of the day.

*Even then though, cracks in the facade were evident....