3rd May - Welsh Meet

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by Gromit, Feb 27, 2008.

?

Are you coming to the 3rd of May Welsh Meet in Cardiff?

Poll closed May 7, 2008.
  1. Oh yes and I'm bouncing with excitment already, are we there yet?

42.1%
  2. A definate maybe - Can't say until the night

31.6%
  3. Nope - Got better things to do than get drunk with you lot.

26.3%
  1. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Due to popular demand we are having another Welsh meet and this time it will be on the 3rd of May (The day before Star Wars day - May the Fourth Be With You).

This is the Saturday before the May Day bank holiday Monday so plenty of time to recover from it.

The meet will be held in Cardiff. I'll confirm the venue at a later date but it will most likely be the same place the last two events were held.

Please indicate on the poll above how likely you are to turn up.
    I will use the poll to write the guestlist and if your name ain't down you ain't coming in.

2. GoneCoastal

GoneCoastal Anything for WelshCakes R.I.P.

I have voted as required Obi-Wan :)

3. Gromit

Excelent my young Paddywang. :)

4. GoneCoastal

5. Gromit

The main purpose of this thread is to see who is coming but we can discuss a couple of other things whilst we are at it.

1. Starting time.
    There is no football on this time so we can make a complete day of it if people want. Have a bit of an itinerary or something and people came join in when it suits them.

Or we can keep it simple and have a meet in two parts as previous with an afternoon meet and evening meet.
    What times were people meeting in the afternoon before.

2. Evening venue.
    The exisiting venue works well or we can have a bit of a pub crawl or something. Canton mile working its way into town and ending at The Millers.

3. Food
    If there is a massive afternoon gang we should probably book a table for food somewhere otherwise we'll end up splitting up or something. I'll definately need food before the evening. I can't drink on an empty stomach.

4. Accomodation
    How many will need somewhere to stay in Cardiff?
    I'll try and speak to the owners of the Millers on saturday and ask them if they'll do us deal and how many rooms they have.

5. Disco
    Shall I ask them if we can spin our own tunes?
    If so you'll have to let me know what sort of tunes they are likely to be.
    Judging by the selection the landlady played last time I'm thinking hardcore techno, drum n bass etc. won't go down too well with her.

6. GoneCoastal

Anything suits me .. I'll be arriving round-about half one again and definitely want to stay over again... Likewise I'll need to eat in the afternoon too

I'll go with whatever the majority decision is re pub crawl/two meets etc

Good idea re the music too - if it's as good/better crowd than before the place'll be busy :cool:

e2a: I may stop on the Sunday evening if poss as well - to avoid the Sunday engineering work on the way home so I can have a late brekky and also to do a bit of Cardiff wandering on the Sunday

7. fizzerbird

fizzerbird Always there when I need me...

8. GoneCoastal

Or maybe this is the right thread for my 5000th post :D

9. Strumpet

Strumpet gypsy girl

CONGRATS SC!!!! *bouncy hug* :D

I will prob. arrive same time-ish again (similar to SC) BUT will def. stay over this time :D
    I wanna eat before the evening orgy....ermm....shenanigans too :)

10. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

You missed point 6.

6. Nellyphant is excluded from the earlier meet/ or the later meet if he would prefer on the basis he cant drink all day and behave himself!:D

If we could guarantee that the weather was gonna be OK I would invite you all round to Chez27 for a barbie, maybe later in the summer would be good for that! What u say folks? I think I can trust ya all!:D

11. Gromit

We are all trust worthy.

Well all except for that 1927 chap. He's a bit dodgy. I'd keep him out if i were you. Oh wait you are him! Oh you should be fine then.

I'm happy to help with the barbie if we do have one in the summer. I iz king of barbies!
    If its really nice in the summer we could hire a barbie at Cosmeston Lakes or Porthkerry and have a BBQ picnic.

12. 1927

Ooooh barbie and camping at Portkerry, now there's a great idea for a summer weekend!:)

13. fizzerbird

[​IMG]

Whats all this talk of barbies?:p

14. Strumpet

Strumpet gypsy girl

*pokes Barbie in the eye with a fork*

15. GoneCoastal

*Goes Scottish for a moment so he can say this*
    D'ye ken what's going on?
    :D

Badddoom-tissshhhhh!

16. Strumpet

Strumpet gypsy girl

*groan* :(

:p

17. Gromit

Anyway guys and dolls... has anyone pimped this thread in other forums yet?

18. GoneCoastal

Not me ... sorry

19. GoneCoastal

Well, it wasn't bad for 8.20 in the morning now was it ? :D

If I was a sleepy poet, I'd be going from Bed to Verse :D

20. Gromit

Bloody awfull mate.

Im putting you in room 101 to protect future generations from being scarred for life by such twrrible puns!

21. GoneCoastal

Well gotta do summat to keep folks amused :D

*grins & hides*

22. 1927

Strumps, Fizzer and Softy yesterday!:D

23. 1927

Was thinking that maybe we could see if KBT was vailable for a special Welsh meet reunion like and see if he could resurrect his Bring and Play night for a one off. Or we could try and organise our own. Everyone can bring their tunes and do their own djing slot type thingy. What you think?

Marius if you havent been round there yet I'd be up for coming with ya and sweet talking them into doing what we want, its the salesman in me see, I like the thrill of securing the deal!

24. Gromit

Well we can ask but i got no idea what equipment they have or how this DJing lark works. Would it be CDs or vinyl or MP3?

Plus you got the risk of getting very drunk and accidentally leaving your favourite limited edition Timmy Mallet track behind and it getting nicked.

No i ain't done it yet. I'm hoping to get to the Millers around 7:00pm tomorrow to have a chat with them briefly.

25. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

they had some stuff there but i didn't have a look, presume it was just cd player. i can do it, know how it works and have most of the equipment. also had a joke with the landlord about doing a night in the future at the last meet :D

26. fizzerbird

Firstly...

[​IMG] :)

27. fizzerbird

secondly...

It would be good to make a night of it with music and not have the worry of having to shoot off so early.

As much as I love motown, i'm not overly keen to listen to it all night!

An eclectic ensemble would be most welcome and I think the most fair. I hope you guys are able to sort this coz it sounds brilliant...surely they wouldn't turn down the opportunity of extra cash from extra punters all night?

28. GoneCoastal

Ageeeeeerrrrrreeeeed! :D

29. Strumpet

Strumpet gypsy girl

Secondddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddded :p

30. GoneCoastal

Thirdedededededed :) Oh I probably can't third things after agreeing in the furst place :D