24 Hours in Police Custody

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by passenger, Sep 29, 2014.

1. passenger

passenger up and down...

Looks wicked any one else watching ?
    post number 5000 for me :D

2. BandWagon

BandWagon Life's a bitch and then you die...

Do you get a choice of cell-mate?

3. passenger

passenger up and down...

4. BandWagon

Don't fancy that then. You don't know who you'd get. :hmm:

5. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Depends if you're on watch. Every now and then if you pretend to have panic attacks. So, every 3 hours.

6. passenger

passenger up and down...

your mum can visit but, can`t come into your cell
    your mum can visit, but can`t come into your cell

7. BandWagon

It could be someone who resembles Ronnie Kray. Only worse.

8. BandWagon

How many people here have ever spent the night in jail? Not me, that's for certain.

9. passenger

passenger up and down...

no coment

SpookyFrank likes this.
  10. BandWagon

You're taking the 5th?

11. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

There needs to be a "no comment" drinking game

12. Dowie

Dowie Well-Known Member

Watched this by chance... was really good. Certainly seems that the way to go in police interviews is always 'no comment'.

Unfortunately it does seem like the guy they were interviewing quite likely was involved in conspiracy to murder and got away with it.

D'wards and 5t3IIa like this.
  13. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

Always no comment all the way at least until you get your brief sorted and get your shit together.

Always :thumbs:

likesfish, Spanky Longhorn and bmd like this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I have. Quite a few in fact.

*well, police cells.

likesfish, tim and oneunder like this.
  15. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Unfortunately several times

oneunder likes this.
  16. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

It would not be jail it would be in police custody

Which is never nice

:Hmm:

tufty79 likes this.
  17. albionism

albionism A successful virus clinging to a speck of mud.

Jail, no. Police custody several times.

18. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I really though they had him bang to rights, be it seemed like he totally rolled on his half brother and got off on the technicalities of reasonable doubt. Thats how the system works I guess.

19. bmd

bmd you left me standing here

I was once banged up with a bloke with paranoid schizophrenia, doing 7 years for tie ups. He couldn't face life without a regular supply of drugs, had tried to get his meds changed to something more interesting and didn't tell me. I got back to the pad one night and we were banged up, all the screws went home and there's just the night screw. He doesn't have keys to the pads.

About an hour later my padmate stands up from the bottom bunk with a blade and tells me that he has worked it all out: I'm in league with the governor and this is all a game so he's got to kill me in order to get the drugs he wants.

We're in a 6ft wide by 10ft long cell, with a double bunk, a toilet, sink and a cupboard each. So there's not much standing room. He's been taking steroids on the out and although he's not as tall as me he's definitely wider. There's a button on the wall behind him and if I press that then a buzzer goes off and the night clocky comes. But it's not a great idea in prison to broadcast you're a grass.

So he wants to kill me and I'm trying to talk him down in between keeping him away from me. He swings between completely understanding what I'm saying to believing I'm playing a game. It turns into a bizarre merry-go-round of me convincing him he's wrong and then thinking it's over and then him rearing up again after a bout of introspection.

Eventually the night clocky comes round, hears us fighting and opens the flap on the door, sees what's going on, closes it and fucks off. Half an hour later the screws turn up in riot gear, steam into us both and take him away. He was shipped out the next day and I heard a few weeks later that he'd killed himself after taking a screw hostage.

Helluva night in jail.

20. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Thought it was quite gripping,that copper was very David Brentish was'nt he ?:D,the suspect seemed to have lost a lot of his impressive muscle bulk while in prison,couldn't believe the difference in size when he was interviewed at the end of the program.

21. Dowie

Dowie Well-Known Member

The one who'd come back from his Vegas holiday? Yeah he was a bit Brentish... seemed quite friendly though.

Had watched Louis Theroux's Miami Jails documentary the night before... bit of a contrast between a US Jail and UK custody suite... conspiracy to murder suspect driven to the UK police station with no cuffs on, lead politely to his cell and then asked what he'd like for breakfast - cooked breakfast or cereal... :D

Then again the police were no doubt on their best behaviour with all the cameras about... presumably they also picked that particular case because they thought they were sure to get a conviction too.

22. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

what nick was doing a cooked breakfast? luxury! its a brake bros microwave abomination normally- tiny portion of.

23. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

The pogram was way off the mark from my own brief experience of police custody. Handcuffed and shoved around and sarcastic passive agressive police. I can't remember been given breakfast in the cells but literally had a ham cob thrown at me in the holding cells at the courts. When I sent it back as I was veggie (as they knew) it was thrown back a few minutes later... the same cob but with the ham took out.
    FWIW, after being remanded then on ridiculous bail terms for 4 months all charges were dropped on account of me being completely innocent and them having no evidence
    They also treated my law abiding father with the same contempt when he posted my bail. His opinions of them are very different these days

24. Dowie

Dowie Well-Known Member

It was Bedfordshire Police - I think the police station featured was in Luton... was a good documentary: the interviews the way the suspect's behaviour changed as they brought out more evidence. Worth a watch on 4OD - though like I said I'm sure they were on their best behaviour for the cameras - though you'll spot the David Brent character fairly quickly.

25. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

26. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

the couple of times i was nicked by uniform, this was my experience.

when i got nicked by CID as some kind of consolation prize in a drugs operation (I was very much wrong place, wrong time and they knew that) they were totally different, nice as pie and very professional.

27. Dowie

Dowie Well-Known Member

yikes - she is the woman at the center of this, the one who's family spurned the marriage offer of the suspect's brother in law leading to her fiance being shot.... and she is the deputy police and crime commissioner?????

and to think one of the detectives referred to her as 'some bit of skirt' in the interview....

edit... ah I'm clearly misread the article... tis her cousin who was the 'bit of skirt' & giving evidence

28. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

Fairly obviously if you've been nicked it is somewhat different from what the tele program showed but the geezer with the muscles did a master class in how to do an interview,I'd guess guilty as sin but as much as they blathered on you can't trace a cell phone to a house not even to a street.

29. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Bloke who made it was on the radio the other day. He said they got good footage because police stations are already so full of cameras everyone ignored them.

I thought it was interesting.

The bloke was indeed very David Brent

ddraig likes this.
  30. Cpatain Rbubish

Cpatain Rbubish Only available on conscription

Also, no comment.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014