£85 bounty offered for shooting down helicopter in N14

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Maurice Picarda, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Actually, might as well flounce.

It's getting on my wick. Green and yellow markings, so I'm assuming that it's not hovering around for any law enforcement reasons. Just youngsters with cash to burn on hiring helicopters, and I'm sure there wouldn't be any serious consequences involved if you took the wretched machine out with a surface-to-air wossname.

So, £85. Cash waiting. Any takers?

2. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

heh :) whenever the copper chopper's been hovering for too long mr b calls the rozzers and complains :D

3. Maurice Picarda

It's suddenly gone, so I owe someone here their bounty. Well done!

4. wayward bob

it was me :cool:

5. Maurice Picarda

No arguments, well earned. What did you use, out of interest? 9K34 Strela?

6. wayward bob

this is a trick question isn't it :hmm: i say yes and you say that's a make of car or summat :(

Maggot likes this.
  7. Maurice Picarda

Extraordinary. The woman has the contacts to get MANPADs at a price that makes an £85 bounty worth the candle, and the skill to take out a moving chopper with such finality that not a trace of debris can be seen. And yet she still cannot operate google. Her cell must work with ruthless efficiency, each member absolutely dedicated to their own task.

Could I tempt you to a small job involving semtex and Eric Pickles?

keybored, Enviro, Wookey and 3 others like this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

erick pickles and 'small job' do not go together.

9. wayward bob

:D hell, why not, i'm at a bit of a loose end :)

10. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

11. Mapped

Mapped London town

They can stay where they are :) They're normally fucking about making a nusiance over E17

12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

you can follow the fuckers on twitter! and they sometimes tell you what they are up to
    twitter.com/helicops

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. wayward bob

yep we do that too :D

14. monsterbunny

monsterbunny Well-Known Member

".. Green and yellow markings..."

Probably HEMS (air ambulance).

15. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

The only yellow and green one nearby is this one which is more yellow and white

16. plurker

plurker tú no tienes la culpa mi amor que el mundo sea feo

And for us cockernees: twitter.com/MPSinthesky

17. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Oh you poor people bothered by the odd chopper. Sorry, it's difficult to show any sympathy, living where I do, right by battersea heliport. In the time I've lived there the noise has been made worse by the new tall buildings. We could see it when we moved in and threatened to take a pot shot at the odd politician who often used it.

18. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

did anybody else see and hear the two Chinooks circling over Hackney a couple of days ago?

19. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

There are daily military Heli movements around the HAC compound in the city- usually Chinooks. Given their tendency to crash and burn ( see 1994 @ Mull o Kintyre ) , I am not too happy to see these skimming the rooftops of Central London

Pickman's model likes this.
  20. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

the met police helicopter base remains at lippitts hill until next year when it moves to share premises with the npas at elstree

upload_2017-8-18_11-27-45.png

21. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

I've just been up near Shrewsbury for a few days which is near RAF Shawbury, which I'd previously never heard of. I'm not likely to forget it. It's apparently where they train RAF helicopter pilots which explains why the skies resembled something more out of the Vietnam war for the last couple of days. The training is a regular thing and must seriously piss off the locals.

Shropshire. Just say no.

22. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

I live quite close to RAF Spadeadam ...

As a result I get jets, Herkies, and helos passing by, usually very low indeed. Quite convinced our house is a way-marker !
    Also close to the low level cross-country route that follows the A69, so get a load od civilian stuff pottering past.
    When I lived to the NE of Newcastle I was frequently woken by the copper chopper ... and on one memorable occasion the stolen car that was bring pursued ended up in the front garden, "neatly" between the two trees.

Bahnhof Strasse and pogofish like this.
  23. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

It's a big county. I'm going there tomorrow for some peace and quiet.

24. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

I live in the Tywi valley and we get incredibly low, incredibly loud trainer jets coming right over the house but at least you'll only get about four a day at most (and none most of the time) so when they're gone, they're gone. The thing with those helis near Shrewsbury was you literally had hundreds of sorties being flown non-stop so whole afternoons were lost to the noise of chopper blades.

We also get those huge transporter planes which you can almost touch they're so low but they are freakishly quiet. They always look like they will clip the hills in the distance. I'm sure one will one day.

Good luck with the peace and quiet Poot. Go to the Chirk aqueduct, that's pretty beautiful and peaceful. But like you say, big county.

25. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Taken with my phone, from my living room, one of the aforementioned things just feet away from landing IMAG0089.jpg

RoyReed likes this.
  26. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You'll have trouble shooting down a helicopter with such a cracking theme tune.

hash tag likes this.
  27. DownwardDog

DownwardDog Riding a Brompton with a power meter.

You can do it with a Dushka. Any "antique shop" on Flower Street in Kabul will be happy to sell you one.

not-bono-ever likes this.
  28. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

So, here I am having a sip of wine and felt the down draft from this coming into land. Is it only me that thinks the aviation fuel smells a bit like soft ice cream vans?

IMAG0096.jpg

29. Wookey

Wookey Playful as a pussy cat

That's a nice view from your front room!

I feel a thread idea developing...!

BTW, if someone here has taken out an heliambulance from the sky, I will be reporting it to Editor, it's just not cricket.

30. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

The bridge in the first pick is a rail bridge, going to the north pole :D