Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

£20,000 car

hash tag

chillin
A purely hypothetical question was asked of me recently, whar car would you get if you had 20K.
To a point it has to be practical; my job involves lots of short trips in town, 2 doors would be fine...I have been mulling over this question for days and I can't find an answer.
Possibly the nearest I could get would be something like a Mazda MX5 a year or two old but nothing on the road today, relatively new really does it for me.
If you didn't know, my current drive is an Alfa Romeo Brera, which is not really suited to my job, but hey, she is a stunner.

Is there a modernish car that does it for you, what can you recommend?

Spymaster

Cockney Wanker
A purely hypothetical question was asked of me recently, whar car would you get if you had 20K.
To a point it has to be practical; my job involves lots of short trips in town, 2 doors would be fine...I have been mulling over this question for days and I can't find an answer.
Possibly the nearest I could get would be something like a Mazda MX5 a year or two old but nothing on the road today, relatively new really does it for me.
If you didn't know, my current drive is an Alfa Romeo Brera, which is not really suited to my job, but hey, she is a stunner.

Is there a modernish car that does it for you, what can you recommend?
So you're considering an MX5 but a Brera is not suited to your job. In what way is an MX5 more practical than a Brera?

Sounds like you haven't thought this through.

Dan U

Boompty
surely these days it would be 'if you had £400 a month to lease a car, what would you get'

which is roughly £5k down payment and £400 a month for 36 months from the £20k

hash tag

chillin
You must have a very limited imagination.
Most modern cars below say £30,000 are as boring as anything, lacking in character and there is very little to choose between them.

So you're considering an MX5 but a Brera is not suited to your job. In what way is an MX5 more practical than a Brera?

Sounds like you haven't thought this through.
The MX5 is no more suitable to my job than my Brera. The Brera is beautiful, the mX5 is, a cheap fun sports car with little else to say for it.
I don't have 20K it was just one of those questions because modern cars are really not pushing any buttons. They are devoid of charm, character and personalty.