1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Top 10 Most Hated Bands / Artists

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Dubversion, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Banned

erm. apart from the fact that i've been working on it for fucking hours, i had already posted the poll. Therefore there's no way I could have added more because it would have affected those already included. Sorry that i can't move mountains for you
  2. psycherelic

psycherelic I'm not an old hippy!

16. Everone who dub likes - cos he left my hatred out :mad:

I don't really care BTW, was only joking as it's only a bit of fun in the first place

I'm sorry that you can't move mountains for me too, but then I'm also sorry that groove armada are alive and performing, I guess this is a lesson that you can't have everying you want.

Still gutted though, can't you just pretend you counted my entries but they didn't make it?
  3. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Banned

OK, your entries all counted but didn't quite make it :)

better?
  4. psycherelic

psycherelic I'm not an old hippy!

made me :)

and the fact that James Blunt made it with or without my vote made me :D
  5. Fjdjshz

Fjdjshz New Member

1. Beatles
    2. Maroon 5
    3. Lil wayne
    4. Imagine dragons
    5. Queen
    6. Fun.
    7. Beiber
    8.. One direction
    9. Tyler the creator/ofwg
    10. Taylor swift
    There are so many more it was hard to only pick 10.
  6. billy_bob

billy_bob Right between your cold, dead eyes

No shit - it's taken you more than six years!
    mauvais and pinkmonkey like this.
  7. Tom A

Tom A Well-Known Member

1. Chris Brown
    2. Justin Beiber
    3. JLS
    4. One Direction
    5. Cheryl Cole
    6. 50 Cent
    7. Girls Aloud
    8. Westlife
    9. Jay-Z
    10. James Blunt
  8. Silva

Silva Gazing at my shoes

Wish I had replied to this back then. These days I just ignore and go my way :(
  9. Favelado

Favelado Até mais galera.... Banned

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    2. Jamiroquai
    3. Queen
    4. The Levellers
    5. 4 Non-blondes
    6. The Clash
    7. The Spin Doctors
    8.Guns 'n' Roses
    9.The Cranberries
    10. Aerosmith

Might have another think about this. Two of those were one hit wonder bands but have caused me two decades' worth of negative ear-worm grief.
  10. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Hardcore U Know The Score

1. Anything thats been on xfactor etc.
    2. Bieber
    3. N-dubz
    4. Jonas Brothers
    5. Taylor Swift
    6. Backstreet Boys
    7. New Kids on the Block
    8. S Club 7
    9. Steps
    10. B*witched
  11. albionism

albionism Factotum

Keane
    Embrace
    Queen
    U2
    Coldplay
    50 Cent
    Nickleback
    Oasis
    Elastica
    Genesis

and so many, many more.
  12. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

In an effort to make this a bit more up-to-date I've just searched this thread and found that no-one has nominated Adele yet, so I'm very happy to be the first to do so. I'll bet nobody's mentioned James Blake either and I'll be just as happy to be the first one to express my loathing of him as well. And I'll throw in Florence and her poxy fucking Machine while I'm at it too.
  13. killer b

killer b away.

seem to remember all of them being popular on here at first, before people realised the full horror of what they were doing...
  14. Knotted

Knotted Too much dancing on the fight floor

I don't listen to the radio enough to develop enough hatred for music I don't like. But there are things which I have bought and listened to a good deal and which I feel annoyed with the world for making me think they were any good.

First up is Bob Dylan. I bought Highway 61 Revisted when I was a teenager and only had a few tapes so I've listened to this one loads and not enjoyed it on any occasion. Some interesting lyrics do not overcome how weak the song writing is, how irritating his harmonica playing is and how poor his band are. Folk-blues without any feeling or sense of rhythm. Awful awful awful. (I quite like his voice though.) But fuck you world for recommending this atrocity to me.

Next up is Pink Floyd. At about the same time I got into early Floyd and thought it was something very special and was a whole new world for me to enter but then I listened to Dark Side of the Moon. I still feel betrayed by this bland over produced record and refuse to listen to anything they have done since. Fuck you Pink Floyd for no longer being the people I thought you once were!

Next up is Pavement. I bought one of their albums (Wowy Zowy?) a few years ago. It didn't move me. But worse I had high hopes. Fuck you world for giving me high hopes about Pavement.

Then there's the Rolling Stones. For ages I thought they were awful and to be ignored, but then I discovered their 60's material. So it was the opposite journey this time. I discovered I really liked them, but they do still deserve to be hated for their 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's output. That's a lot of crap over many, many years.

Then there's Queen. I always like them the first time I listen to them but get sick of them so quickly. Bohemian Rhapsody is great the first time you hear it but after the third time it makes you groan.

That's about it. I can't hate Pavement or the Rolling Stones or Queen with any intensity and with bands I like now, I accept that they will probably go shit eventually and I can just move on. Old grudges against Dylan and the Floyd.
  15. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

1. The Manic Street Preachers
    2. Tom Waits
    3. The Levellers
    4. Billy Bragg
    5. The Flaming Lips
    6. Seize The Day
    7. Matchbox 20
    8. Belle And Sebastian
    9. Jerry Dammers DJ-ing during his flatulence noises phase
    10. The Blood Choir, a support band I saw recently. One of them had a dreamcatcher hanging off the neck of his guitar.
  16. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

Duran Duran. Everybody who had any sense and taste thought they were rubbish the first time round, so how come they've become cool since then ? Their image was an idiot's Roxy Music rejigged for the aspirational 80s and they may just be the melodically most boring pop group ever, with choruses that stretch over no more than two or three notes. All their songs sound the same to me. I loathed them then and I still do.

I will always hate Dire Straits, though I've worked with a hipster who claims they are cool now. Is that an ironic thing ?

Otherwise I'm to out of step to hate many current acts. I'm sure I'd hate Bieber but haven't knowingly heard a single song of his. I still have never seen a single episode of X-Factor, but I'm sure I hate what they are about. Chris Brown I hate because he is a woman beating homophobic cunt but I don't really know his music. Oasis is a band whose popularity has always been a mystery to me, Britney Spears and all she spawned is just gross.

Beyonce is utterly vapid and I don't understand why so many people take her seriously. She is not a role model or empowering modern women as some cultural commentators claim, she just promotes a brand, which is herself. I also find her type of hectic R'n'B enervating rather than joyfull, especially when it comes from the flat opposite mine.

I don't hate Lady Gaga, but I don't understand her music. It just seems an afterthought to her style, which is interesting.

I liked Fleet Foxes at first, but then someone played them on a loop at work for three days Guantanamo Bay style and now their hippie harmonising makes me retch.

Former top hates Lighthouse Family, Dido, M People and James Cunt have long since disappeared.
  17. Knotted

Knotted Too much dancing on the fight floor

Oh god yes. Also add David Arnold and Murray Gold for fucking up the Doctor Who theme tune. The show is now unwatchable because of them.
  18. thriller

thriller Last of the world's good men Banned

all fucking boy bands (with exception of Take That).
  19. flypanam

flypanam morbidly enormous

1. The beatles
    2. Radiohead
    3. Savages
    4. The libertines
    5. Suicidal tendencies (ex fan, so I do cringe about my 16 year old self.)
    6. Blur
    7. Oasis
    8. The Pale (if your are in anyway familiar with Dublin music you'll know what I mean)
    9.Simon Cowell's stable (so its way more than ten)
    10. Blood sausage (they could have been great, they chose to be shite)
  20. Left

Left aimless

Hate is such a draining emotion. However

I don't see the point of hating Bieber, Swift etc, that stuff serves its purpose

That Frank Turner must be up there - never heard his music but I hate it already

Mumford and Sons
    Vampire Weekend
    Mike Patton
    The Doors
    Jeff Buckley
    AC/DC
    Led Zeppelin
    Pantera
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Patti Smith

Thank you!
  21. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

No room on my list for David Gray, sadly, but he deserves a mention.
  22. Dr. Furface

Yes it mostly is an ironic thing and it's really fucking annoying for those of us old enough to have had to endure them the first time around (but I guess that's maybe all part of the irony, it being a generational thing). You've just reminded me of something from last week - I went to see Laurel Halo, who IMO is one of the most talented and interesting electronic musicians working today, but she is also decidedly one of the hippest, and you can bet she knows it. I liked her set (even though it wasn't quite what I'd hoped for) but what really irritated me was that she wore a brand new-looking Phil Collins No Jacket Required album t-shirt. Now at 27 she is too young to remember Collins' chart-topping heyday, and I flatly refuse to believe that anyone who makes the kind of music she does (and is classically trained too) would genuinely have any time for the kind of bollocks that Collins used to inflict on us. So for me that was an example of ironic (or perhaps it's even post-ironic, who knows?) hipster cool at it's worst.
  23. Meltingpot

Meltingpot On hiatus

Even this classic?

24. Dr. Furface

I know what you mean, but she simply wouldn't be as phenomenally (in the truest sense) successful if she was all style over substance. You could even look at it the other way and say that her music demands that style, because it's hard to imagine it working if she was into wearing Laura Ashley print dresses or something twee like that - although these days she could probably get away with that if she wanted to!
  25. re Lady Gaga I was genuinely blown away by a solo piano performance she did on UK tv once - cant find it on yotube, but shes done tv paino numbers before such as here

(this one isnt quite as magical as the one i saw but she still does well)

or check this one off jonathan ross - its great glammed up cabaret with a modern twist

I wouldnt be surprised if as she gets older she moves past the dance numbers and concentrates on this kind of stuff - and i think she does it very well. Cant help but think of her as a druggy version of Barbara Streisand

i used to think it was style over substance, but theres more to her and i really hope she sticks with music and doesnt just sit on her money - she's a good shot in the arse of the sexist pop music world
    Dr. Furface and Reno like this.
  26. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

i can't name my ten most hated bands but i know them when i hear them
  27. Oh and Sultans of Swing era Dire Straights is good music - haters stop hating!!
  28. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

One I just remembered, I loathed The Might Be Giants and their forced whimsywackycrap with a passion.
    Voley likes this.
  29. renegadechicken

renegadechicken W.O.M.B.L.E

1) Beatles
    2) U2
    3) Delafuckingmitri
    4) Then Jerico
    5) Any Ibiza anthem - all played to death and not the same when not on holiday in Ibiza
    6)pretty much all (un)reality tv bands/singers
    7)The Smiths
    8)Pat Benatar
    9)Berlin
    10)Bob Dylan
  30. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Coldplay stand out in my annals of hatred. Musically, they're just dull yet bizarrely popular, but the thing which sends me over the edge is the bloke's voice. If his pubescent caterwauling is the best singing in the band, I hate to think what the other three drones sound like.