1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can kill me now

Discussion in 'Olympics 2012' started by _pH_, Aug 11, 2012.

1. _pH_

_pH_ .

I've just spent the evening in the awesome Olympic Stadium at the end of the best Olympic Games I can remember in the best city in the world and seen Mo Farah, a true British hero, win his 2nd Gold of these Olympics, and Usain Bolt, the world's greatest athlete and the bloke you'd most want to party with, win his 3rd, all to the screams and applause of the loudest crowd I've ever known.

So yeah, it won't ever get much better than that, you might as well kill me off now.

GO TEAM GB? TOO RIGHT THEY FUCKING DID.

vogonity, devit, Biddlybee and 13 others like this.
  2. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

FUCK YOU :mad:

GO TEAM GB

marty21 and 5t3IIa like this.
  3. mango5

mango5 pillow of the community

I can't get to yours until Monday. Can the killing wait 'til then? I'd love to do it :)

4. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good time. Were you the one with Go Mo written on your feet that they showed on telly?

Maggot likes this.
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian moving the bomb line

How would you like to die - should it involve men running and people cheering?

6. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

I hope the trains will be on time for the next few weeks.

Total bastard. :mad::mad: :mad:

yardbird likes this.
  7. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

Oh do piss off _pH_ :rolleyes::mad:

You lucky bastard :D

8. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Yup, amazing atmosphere, the crowd were just so superb...Could talk to anyone in there!

9. _pH_

_pH_ .

GO MO!

MO.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAN!

YOHAN.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USAIN.jpg

And one of the best moments for me, I got the Jubilee line back from Stratford, and had a chat with this lovely young lady on the tube:

Melissa.jpg

That's Melissa Ingram from the New Zealand womens' swimming team - she was being 'mum' to the rest of the team as they were on their way to a night out near London Bridge. The other swimmers were being quite loud, but Melissa was very apologetic (I told her not to worry and just go out and have a good time) - she was chatty and polite and friendly and just completely fantastic, a real credit to the Olympic spirit and to her country. GO TEAM NZ

devit, Gingerman, Biddlybee and 9 others like this.
  10. _pH_

_pH_ .

Were you there too? Fucking ace wasn't it? I hugged a complete stranger when Mo won.

11. _pH_

_pH_ .

oh shush you.

12. Minnie_the_Minx

Were you near the front or did you have a big zoomy lens?

Maybe you're in this video somewhere

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19229542

13. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

Great series of photos.

14. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

I've never spoke to so many random people (sober) - I think I took it upon myself to take loads of peoples photo's for them so they could capture the moment together or in their full group. Still on a high about it!

15. Bungle73

Bungle73 I was there, now I'm here

I was there too! It was great! The crowd went wild for Mo and Bolt!

I took some pictures too, but not as good as yours; I only had my iPhone with me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62090585@N04/sets/72157631024504052/

I didn't get home until after 12:30am, as Southeastern decided not to run any direct trains from Stratford International to home in the late evening. :mad:

16. _pH_

_pH_ .

I did a fair bit of that too, it really was a great friendly atmosphere. One of the stewards was a bit concerned about people standing in the aisle to take pictures, but it was all good natured and didn't cause any problems, and in the end (just after Jamaica had come home for Gold in the 4 x 100) he turned to me and said 'Do ya know what mate? Fuck it, you have a good evening' and just let everyone get on with it.

Minnie_the_Minx likes this.
  17. Minnie_the_Minx

Got any more pics?

18. _pH_

_pH_ .

Bit of both, I was sat in the 2nd (top) tier but quite low down so a pretty good view, and had a 300mm zoom lens.

Minnie_the_Minx likes this.
  19. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

I'm not doing it. We're moving house and we've got more than enough rubbish to shift without having to deal with your festering corpse.

Mrs Magpie likes this.
  20. _pH_

_pH_ .

Yeah shitloads, I took about 900 all in yesterday (and another 150 at the marathon today, along with about 300 at Eton Dorney). I'll sort out some good ones and post them up later if you like.

21. Minnie_the_Minx

Yes please. Definitely :cool:

I don't just want the athletes though, I want the spectators and everything (although not all 900+150+300) :D

22. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

"You’re gonna be fine, you’ll spend a long time thinking that you won’t be, and then one morning you’ll wake up one morning and you will be. And then you know for a while you’ll miss the fact that you’re not ‘cause it’s almost scarier when you are, because at least when you’re not you’ve got something to cling to and then when you’ve gotten over that, then you’re gonna be fine."

23. Minnie_the_Minx

:D:D

Gold metal confusathon to agricola

24. London's felt alive the last 2 weeks and that's rubbed off on me. Coming back from Wembley on Thurs night was just great, everybody talking on the tube - complete strangers - a different town.

Gingerman and Maltin like this.
  25. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

It really did put you over the top didn't it?
    Charming post #8 from you on this thread.
    Hands up those that are pleased the bloody Olympics are coming to an end.

26. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

Next time I see you I will sit on your knee and listen to your 'lympic stories

27. mango5

mango5 pillow of the community

It's probably going to be later this week before I can do the killing. My hacksaw is nice and blunt now, so should be fun. I'll probably start with the potty mouth, it needs amateur surgery :)

Mrs Magpie, moomoo and Biddlybee like this.
  28. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Look at the muscle on those arms :eek: