1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women and dodgy shoes - with poll.

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by gentlegreen, Jun 16, 2009.

?

High heels and other style over function aspects.

1. 1. I'm a woman and I wouldn't give houseroom to shoes that you have to learn to walk in.

29.7%
  2. 2. I'm a woman and I like to wear high heels for formal / special occaisions.

33.7%
  3. 3. I'm a woman and I wear heels all day if at all possible. (probably even in bed)

12.9%
  4. 4. I'm a woman and it's an "art" thing.

11.9%
  5. 5. I'm a woman and it's sexual - directly for me.

11.9%
  6. 6. I'm a woman and I wear them to sexually attract those I desire.

5.9%
  7. 7. I'm a man / (lesbian ?) and seeing them worn by the object of my desire is directly arousing.

20.8%
  8. 8. I'm a man / (lesbian ?) and seeing them worn by my beloved is aesthetically pleasing.

16.8%
  9. 9. I'm a man and I think they look stupid / tarty, whatever

13.9%
  10. 10. obligatory random option

19.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

^^^^

Like those too - thing with designer shoes, doesn't matter what season they are, they always make a statement. Alot of Miu Miu stuff is timeless.

2. pootle

pootle little moran

I mostly live in trainers and do have a pretty impressive collection of kicks, but really you can't beat a pair of high heels and how they make you feel, as well as the amazing effect they have on a girl's calves and bum :cool:

I have a pair of camo stilletos with a gold heel which are treading a fine line between ghetto and out and out trashy, but they look really good with jeans. I should wear them more I reckon, along with a high heeled pair of red peep toe sorta mary janes I have with a flower on front.

Should I post the picture I have of my feet in kitten, out of twisted kitten's most ridiculous but awesome pair of shoes ever?

3. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

But of course, this is the fashion forum after all.

4. gentlegreen

gentlegreen ¡Nadie espera a la babosa española!

Are you kidding ? :eek: :p

5. foo

foo dirtysweet

ha.

ffs. gentlegreen, get the fuck over it. :rolleyes:

the poll options say a lot about your opinion of women.

6. gentlegreen

I see it as progress from the days when I placed women on pedestals.

My misanthropism starts with myself and is actually in the main biased against my own sex.
    I could doubtless come up with a similar poll based around beer, football and the like.

7. dodgepot

dodgepot New Member

no, it's not. i don't shag shoes :D

8. Cloo

Cloo Motel nymph

I like heels for formal wear, and they make my legs look great, but no way could I wear them casually or if I need to actually walk anywhere, other than wedge heels, I suppose, which I do wear in summer.

I've never got the thing of 'shoe lust' for Manolos/Choos etc - I think perhaps because I'd never wear them (even if I had the money), I can't produce any excitement about them.

9. Pieface

Pieface New Member

You're a bit of a bellend aren't you GG :D

10. gentlegreen

If you say so it's probably a compliment.

11. Pieface

Pieface New Member

Take it how you want - you come across as a complete saddo. I bet the Monroe character at your work is ten times more fun and ten times more interesting than you and your moaning self. All you do is complain - ever noticed that? Go and sprout some beans and talk about your fucking weight some more.

12. gentlegreen

I'm guessing you have blisters on your feet ?

13. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

So gentlegreen, on the one hand you say that being a man of a certain age gives you the kind of insight into the minds of women of a similar age that allows you to make the kind of statements that you have. And yet on the other hand, you say that you are 3/4 of the way up the Asperger's scale and don't have much experience of the company of women, which means you are singularly UNqualified to make such statements.

So which is it?

14. Pieface

Pieface New Member

I'm wearing shoes you'd probably wear today sweetcheeks.

15. Rollem

Rollem two kinds of wonderful

gg can't find heels to fit :(

16. gentlegreen

6 foot 2 is quite tall enough thanks.

17. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

I think the OP is a little scared of women.

18. Roadkill

Roadkill a clown's heart

[​IMG]

This could put the cat among the pigeons... :D

19. strung out

strung out (",)

isn't that longdog's legs or something? :hmm:

20. Pieface

Pieface New Member

Can't be. Longdog drives lorries and owns dogs and drinks beer.

21. Roadkill

Roadkill a clown's heart

:D

22. May Kasahara

May Kasahara blasphemous sponge

There's a poll option missing, surely?

11. I am gentlegreen and I don't actually care why women like/don't like particular shoes. I just wanted to express my dislike and lack of understanding of shoes. And women.

23. Madusa

Madusa Baller

pmsl!:D

24. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

Maybe she just has rubbish posture and would waddle in any type of shoes??

I don't like seeing women who obviously can't walk properly in high heels doing so because it's not good for them but hey it's up to them.

I used to be able to walk miles in my heels and it didn't bother me. I can't do it now coz I'm out of the habit. I can still walk in 3/4" heels for a reasonable distance though, and probably a few miles in kitten heels.

I can't do wedges/platforms though so I don't wear them. I couldn't see a voting option for me :p

25. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

You're a breath of fresh air :D If I had £1 for every time someone asked me how you walk in high heels (er, put one foot in front of the other) well, i'd have all the high heels in the world.

26. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

Doesn't mean he can't have a good pair of legs :D
    Those shoes aren't that high imo.

27. felixthecat

felixthecat embarrassing mother

I could fucking kill him for having legs like that:mad:.

Its not fair:(.

28. Eva Luna

Eva Luna A velly good gel.

I used to wear high heels a lot, the whole suit and heels jobbie. I enjoyed it.

Nowadays I can't walk that well in them and they hurt but from time to time I will wear them.

I love wearing them for sex! I have some just for that, beautiful red stilletoes and a pair of new ones, leapard print with a really beautifully cut heel.

I dont see what your issue is with them Gentlegreen, or rather I do, but I enact the unfeminist position whilst knowing what its all about. I also like perfuming and oiling my skin. :hmm::D

29. longdog

longdog 83 fuckin' pence for a croissant? FUCK OFF!

Jealousy is most unbecoming :D

30. feyr

feyr evil evil monkey!

i am very jealous of those legs too!

i dont wear heels day to day because they arent practical for my job. i dont feel comftable in heels on a night out because i know i'll get drunk, trip and break my ankle so i stick to flats ( so i only trip and graze myself up :mad:). for special occasions, i wear heels if i know there isnt much walking or dancing to be done. i do however like low wedges under trousers for a bit of posture flattery