1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women and dodgy shoes - with poll.

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by gentlegreen, Jun 16, 2009.

?

High heels and other style over function aspects.

1. 1. I'm a woman and I wouldn't give houseroom to shoes that you have to learn to walk in.

29.7%
  2. 2. I'm a woman and I like to wear high heels for formal / special occaisions.

33.7%
  3. 3. I'm a woman and I wear heels all day if at all possible. (probably even in bed)

12.9%
  4. 4. I'm a woman and it's an "art" thing.

11.9%
  5. 5. I'm a woman and it's sexual - directly for me.

11.9%
  6. 6. I'm a woman and I wear them to sexually attract those I desire.

5.9%
  7. 7. I'm a man / (lesbian ?) and seeing them worn by the object of my desire is directly arousing.

20.8%
  8. 8. I'm a man / (lesbian ?) and seeing them worn by my beloved is aesthetically pleasing.

16.8%
  9. 9. I'm a man and I think they look stupid / tarty, whatever

13.9%
  10. 10. obligatory random option

19.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

thats only beacuse dotcommie and flashman are dicks and vote on every option if given multiple choice.

The dicks.

dave

2. electrogirl

electrogirl dignity is overrated

Well for me, it's definitely an 'art' thing. Yes that's right, I am a walking work of art.

Like LADY gaga or something.

3. cesare

cesare in a cereal box

Speaking as a woman near your age - argh.

4. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

5. Agent Sparrow

Agent Sparrow mellow kitty

Personally, I don't think the poll helped - it implies assumptions, iyswim.

However, I guess the best of us make threads which aren't ideally thought out. ;) What do you genuinely want to know? Why some women wear shoes that are uncomfortable? Why some women like wearing heels? The two btw are not necessarily the same.

6. electrogirl

electrogirl dignity is overrated

:D
    he's inside your head!!!

7. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Fail. Where's the sniffing option?

8. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

Great style, shit songs ftw

9. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Nadie espera a la babosa espaƱola

I'm pretty well nonplussed on a day to day basis to be honest. I seem to at least be a good deal more physically fit than other men my age.

I'm not, after all aiming to attract people - I mostly aim not to pong, and to keep all my saggy bits covered.

10. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

your face does remind me of a picasso painting.

[​IMG]

even got the "wacky" bow

dave

11. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

Except in them weird fetish videos where they are standing on naked nutsacks.

Don't like em much then.

12. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

You did it! Hurrah!

13. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

How else are we supposed to get a house? :confused:

14. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

That's uncanny (not in a Geordie way)

15. Agent Sparrow

Agent Sparrow mellow kitty

Major fraud.

16. cesare

cesare in a cereal box

I'm astounded at how much he's gleaned about me - wrinkle cream, botox, surgery, waddling around in ill fitting and inappropriate high heels.

He may have a point about hair dye :hmm:

17. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

18. weepiper

weepiper eb slootly non verbal

I hardly ever EVER wear high heels - mostly because I don't like teetering around and getting blisters - but there are some clothes that just look wrong with anything else. I like the shape it makes your legs go when you wear heels. So shoot me.

19. mentalchik

mentalchik far too big for her boots

I think it's the idea that everything should be purely functional..................

we would all be wearing and looking quite different if that were the only criteria and i can't think of many human cultures where it is so.........

what we do with our appearances serve all sorts of funtions......

and obviously i say all this whilst being quite well aware of some of the pressures and capitalist/social/ gender politics involved too !

20. dodgepot

dodgepot New Member

i voted 7 and 8 and also 10 (obligatory random option) which is that i can often find high heeled shoes and boots directly arousing and also aesthetically pleasing in and of themselves (if my wording makes sense)

i also voted for option 11 which is that you need relax a bit gentlegreen and maybe address your attitude to women. you seem to think they're a bunch of muppets, tbh.

21. mentalchik

There's a woman where i work who always wears very high heels* every day.............they're not for me but she's quite a 'glam' lady and loves her heels........she doesn't find them at all uncomfortable !

*at least 4 inchers

22. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

I'm not aiming to attract people either, but I'm not going to stop wearing make up and straightening my hair just because I'm not looking for a mate! It's about personal pride in your appearance as much as anything.

23. Madusa

Madusa Baller

Oh god. I now have the image of you shoe-horning your cock into a leopard print spike heel.

That is sure the imagery you intended! Explain yourself!:mad:

24. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

I can like them from both an aesthetic fashion perspective and also just a filthy one.

I fucking loath those SJP pointy toe fucking things though, they are hideous.

25. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Turned out nice again

26. mentalchik

:confused:

27. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

These sort of ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:mad:

28. strung out

strung out (",)

29. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

Those feet are horribly thin and bony.

30. catinthehat

catinthehat Failed VK = Replicant

I would not wear high heels although in my youth I did venture into those mahoosive platforms from Shellys which killed. Probs because I thought that they combined with blue eyeshadow would get me a boyfreind as advised by Jackie magazine. However as I grew older and more capable of independent thought I eschewed such glamourous options for comfort. Plus if I am ever running away from danger in a jungle my heel may break causing an ankle injury, at which juncture my male companion would be forced to make the heroic gesture of carrying me and as a bit of a porker this could prove deadly. So health and safety really.