1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild-ish camping and caravan sites in north/west Wales

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by mr steev, Jun 11, 2012.

1. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

Can anyone recommend any sites, preferably on or very close to the coast? The sort of site where you can all camp together rather than in marked out pitches and have a campfire etc (we've got a big fire-pit thing if it needs to be off the ground). We're not bothered about any facilities other than a toilet/shower and a tap.

Shell Island would be ideal, but unfortunately a few of my mates have decided to get caravans and they're not allowed on.
  2. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

not unless you've got a boat, the place I'm thinking of atm has been flooded!
  3. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

We're thinking sometime in early August. Hopefully the sun will be beaming then :)
  4. Celt

Celt Well-Known Member

there is a camp site behind the beach in blackrock sands near portmadoc
  5. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

oh, in that case, my info is mostly N Wales and a bit out of date, but how many of you, tents/vans ?

One of the places I'm thinking about will not accept groups of "youths" without a reference - a few years ago they had some trouble with an all male group and ill-legal substances.......
  6. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

We're all in our 30's and 40's with a few children so something a bit family friendly is good, but preferably without too many rules and regulations iyswim.
    They'll probably be 4 or 5 caravans, 2 or 3 campervans and a handfull of tents. We've got a 20 foot marquee that we usually put up but that's when we go camping in farmers' fields in Shropshire and I'm aware that most camp sites probably wouldn't be too happy. It would be nice though. It's great if it rains
  7. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    no escape from the rain camping in wales - is the law
    why be negative - i hope it gets sunny for you :cool:
    fogbat likes this.
  8. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

I am an eternal optimist. It can only get better surely? :D
  9. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

If there weren't optimists like you there would be no Welsh camp sites ;)
    mr steev likes this.
  10. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

11. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

With the weather it is all 'wild' camping.
    ska invita likes this.