1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Why has Adblock Plus stopped blocking youtube ads?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by nogojones, Jun 22, 2013.

1. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

So pissed off to find that over the last week I'm getting adverts again on youtube. Any other programmes that will stop this drivel?

2. killer b

killer b Oh Yeah Baby

I imagine its a constant battle between people who do online adverts and the programmers who make adblocks. Likely the next update will deal with it.

Dexter Deadwood likes this.
  3. Jackobi

Jackobi swallows anything

Which filter subscriptions are you using?
    I'm using these two and don't get any:

[​IMG]

nogojones and Dexter Deadwood like this.
  4. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

nice one

5. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

You're not getting any because 'Allow some non-intrusive advertising' is unticked. Tick that and you'll see some Google AdSense ads, and a few others - click 'View list' to see what. Google is now paying AdBlock Plus to whitelist some of their ads (the box is ticked by default). Clicking 'Read more' will give you AdBlock's point of view.

mwgdrwg likes this.
  6. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

Its interesting to see AdBlock becoming so effective it frightens even Google.

7. 89 Til Infinity

89 Til Infinity Apparently a "Well-Known Member"

8. Global Stoner

Global Stoner baseline neural therapy

I find it really odd when I use another machine and it's not installed.

purenarcotic likes this.
  9. WWWeed

WWWeed Bandwidth Bandit

You dont need a program or add-on to block youtube adds. You can modify your hosts file.

I'm using the hosts file at http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/ and this blocks all youtube adds!

Before doing this make sure you take a copy of your current hosts file (just in case)