1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find the Hateful 8?

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by hendo, Jan 22, 2014.

1. hendo

hendo Fish finger sandwiches

Apparently the script of Tarantino's project has leaked on the interwebs, leading to the genius director to shelve the project completely.
    If, and obviously I'm not, but if I was looking for the script, where would be the sort of place I would find it?

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

He did say he reserved the right to still make it though, if he wanted to... If everyone said 'oh what a pity you shelved it it would have been great' for example :hmm:

3. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

he said it had been leaked to hollywood not the interwebz

appears agents of actors he had show the first draft to started to send selected actors to Q asking for roles within the project..

which prompted him to throws his toys out of the pram and decided to release it as a novel

4. hendo

hendo Fish finger sandwiches

I cannot find it anywhere, so this makes sense. Some hacks saying its on the web though, but they're wrong I think.

5. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

First trailer released. Not a massive fan of westerns and not expecting to be blown away by it (new Tatantino's films increasingly feel like the law of diminishing returns) but I'd watch it all the same

Throbbing Angel likes this.
  6. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Zajebiście!

I thought Sam Jackson had said he wasn't going to work with Tarrantino any more, owing to a disagreeement about the latter's overuse of his favourite word in many of his movies.

7. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

Spike Lee took Tarantino to task for that, Jackson defended Tarantino.

SpookyFrank likes this.
  8. Buddy Bradley

Buddy Bradley Pantheistic solipsist

Not massively impressed with the trailer - it seems a bit Tarantino-by-the-numbers to me, there's none of the wow factor that made you want to see Django Unchained for example.

9. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I just saw on a bus that this is not out until January 8th. I assumed it was already on DVD as on Sunday night I watched a 100% perfect picture copy of it on-line.

Pickman's model likes this.
  10. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

It's film awards season and therefore screener time. I want to see this at the cinema or at least in HD as it was shot on 65mm.

ska invita, keybored and felixthecat like this.
  11. Ranu

Ranu Poster of the Weak

There's a screener version of it available to download. As has been said, perfect quality.

keybored likes this.
  12. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Zajebiście!

Having seen a DVD copy I'd recommend going to the cinema to watch it.

Much better than the last two Tarrantino efforts, more disciplined. Feels like he's taking his own work seriously again.

Greebo and ska invita like this.
  13. starfish

starfish No dialogue, Just plot.

Have just noticed its available for streaming on Showbox.

14. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Insubordinate. Insolent. A trickster...

its available streaming on a site with a .is domain

15. felixthecat

felixthecat are we there yet?

I agree with this. I only want to see this at the cinema to get the full effect of the Panavision 65. It'll be wasted on a small screen so I'll wait.

16. keybored

keybored

A group of people shacked up during a blizzard with Kurt Russell being all paranoid and pointing guns at everyone :D

17. keybored

keybored

Seen it all the way through now and can confirm it even has as much gore as "The Thing".

18. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Tim Roth's character was totally Christoph Waltz.

And yes, 'cowboy' version of The Thing, not necessarily a bad thing.

Trying to spot the Channing Tatum character totally distracted me for quite a while.

19. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

20. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Zajebiście!

Same here.

21. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

He played Minnie the owner of the haberdashery yes?

22. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

Wrong thread

23. D'wards

D'wards Amiable Nitwit

I think they should not have credited him at the start - distracted you there, and gave the audience the spoiler they probably were not alone in the cabin.

24. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Didn't give me any spoilers, I was looking at everyone.

Using Holmes' method....I deduced it was Bob.

You have though ;)

25. Teenage Cthulhu

Teenage Cthulhu Back at Easter Banned

I have seen the film but wouldn't mind knowing of another streaming site. Look at my puppy dog eyes.

26. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Insubordinate. Insolent. A trickster...

its the opposite of a call option

and soemwhere you stick your clothes whilst at the gym

Teenage Cthulhu likes this.
  27. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw 0-2-5-8-8, 0-2-5-8-8

Just download the complete file from Kat, Pirate Bay or ExtraTorrent. The streaming sites are just the same stuff with added buffering.

28. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Thought it was OK. Too long, as seems to be the way of most films these days. Not sure I feel about the reveal. I think I need to watch it again. Still, far better than death proof, I didn't even make it the whole way through the short version.

Orang Utan likes this.
  29. Orang Utan

Orang Utan 4721 Archer Sir

ebonics likes this.
  30. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Damn, I'm going top have to pay to see this now. Bloody Cineworld are refusing to show it, and so I can't use my pass :(