1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. tarannau

tarannau Mongolian eyed

Kindly Mexican friends have supplied many (another one's bringing a big batch back next month hopefully) but I've purchased a kilo off MexGrocer (co.uk) that were decent and keenly priced (<£25), albeit fairly short dated. They're one of the few able to supply meco chipotle rather than the cheaper moritas -tbh you rarely even see moritas in Mexico, with the vast majority dedicated for export. Moritas will cost you about a fiver a kilo less. It's very much worth the upgrade fwiw - they're far more rounded and fuller of flavour.

I can give you a great supplier off all kinds of dried mexican chillies (on ebay) - great quality and fresh, but a little costly. Thoroughly trustworthy and knowledgeable bloke too - highly recommended.

ringo likes this.
  2. Greebo

Greebo Free the Priceless One

Bangers and mash. Comfort food for wet weather.

poptyping likes this.
  3. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Pub burger before going out to DJ tonight :)

poptyping likes this.
  4. poptyping

poptyping Welsh for microwave.

really busy wknd so gotta be something easy tonight... maybe chorizo and chickpea stew with couscous or a take away if feeling really lazy

5. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Got accidentally very drunk yesterday so we had a delivery from our local Chinese.

Today I did tomato and bread soup for lunch. Just made a chicken & mushroom pie for tea with roast potatoes & carrots & garlic and steamed green beans and mange tout with gravy.

Mephitic likes this.
  6. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

Herby chicken with roast spuds + cheesecake.

7. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Helpful, bookish and a little bit rebellious

Gammon steak and pineapple rings
    macaroni cheese
    Cheese
    Wine
    Cheese
    Wine

8. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

A stew of pork, onions, garlic, new potatoes and cabbage. A few chilli flakes for piquancy.

9. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw Registered Loser

Some kind of potato, spinach and tomato faux curry thing. Too much oil. It's quite good.

10. moose

moose Sat here like Piffy on a rock bun

Stuffed mushrooms, roast spuds, carrots, sparagus. Sticky toffee pud with ice cream
    *bursts*

11. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

Roasted butternut squash, aubergine, peppers, tomatoes and cheese 'plait' type thing, with roast spuds, purple sprouting, carrots and peas

moonsi til likes this.
  12. poptyping

pizza

Badgers likes this.
  13. sojourner

sojourner Lord of the Ponce

Made a stonking hot Mexican bean soup yesterday with tons of fresh coriander in it and homegrown chillis. MMmmm - exactly what I needed in that horrible weather and still getting over my lurgy. Have some for lunch today.

Got stuff for feta/olives stuffed peppers tonight which we'll have with couscous

14. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Gallery/Lisboa Grill, in the pub watching the game.

15. crustychick

crustychick doo-woop-de-doo

we're having a summer green stir fry with egg fried rice tonight... full of health points hopefully...

16. ringo

Something something Lincolnshire sausages something.

17. Greebo

Among other things, orange panettone pudding.

18. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

Leftover curry. I'll be making fresh rice :D

19. sojourner

Actually, am craving eggs and mushrooms now, so will do a mushroom and cheese frittata instead, with salad and couscous.

20. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

My daughter's choice (it's her birthday)....southern style chicken fillets in sliced white with lettuce and mayo.

Triple chocolate brownie birthday cake with chocolate fudge icing, strawberries and whipped cream for pudding once my bezzer arrives. :cool:

21. idumea

idumea no war but the bass war

Spicy salmon fillet on a bed of lentils, crispy bacon and spinach. I am so skint this week after epic birthday celebrations. Fortunately, I have more frozen salmon, lentils, bacon and spinach than I know what to do with. There are less healthy things to live on for a week...

22. Greebo

mother & daughter reunion soup

chicken soup with a fried egg in it

23. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Bortch, Ukrainian style.

24. poptyping

butternut squash and bacon soup + chesse toasty mmmm

wtfftw likes this.
  25. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Breaking in my bra

Sausages, Mash Mushy peas and gravy!!!

sojourner likes this.
  26. moose

moose Sat here like Piffy on a rock bun

Enchiladas, made with peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, asparagus and spring onions. And without the coriander I went out specially to buy :facepalm:

27. ringo

We had that, except with frozen peas.

Tonight is smoked mackerel, new potatoes, cabbage & sugar snap peas.

28. sojourner

That sounds well lush :cool:

If fella goes rehearsal, me and our lass are on tuna/mayo baked spuds with salad. If not, we're all on feta/olive/onion stuffed peppers with couscous and salad

29. sojourner

I hate that - did you spend the entire meal thinking it was lacking the coriander?

30. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

I've had a craving for some fish the last couple of days. Going to see if I can get a nice bit of salmon and crisp up the skin nicely. I'll have it with some greens and new pots.