1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to buy my sister for christmas?

Discussion in 'Christmas/New Year 2006 Forum' started by Mikey77, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Mikey77

Mikey77 Banned Banned

She wanted one of those candy floss makers, but I seen some reviews and they are crap, so I was thinking of something else that is sweet based. The obvious is 'a quarter of' but she has that kind of sweety collection thing in the cupboard at home.

Does anyone know a good shop that sells loads of foreign sweets, fizzy drinks etc? There are some I have seen, but the selections are pretty bad. The supply of foreign candy must be very patchy. Any other suggestions? Not chocolate based though.
  2. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

How about a book of recipes for making sweets? And a sugar thermometer. (NB not if she's too young to be trusted with boiling pans of sugar, obviously.)
  3. cyberfairy

cyberfairy http://unicycle-emptiness.co.uk/

Does it matter if the candyfloss maker is crap? Speaking from experience, it will be used continuously for a sugar filled hedonistic fortnight then banished into the cupboard when smoke comes out and a piemaker is purchased. Tis not a long term investment
  4. Mikey77

Mikey77 Banned Banned

We all live at home and there is not much room for a bulky, and heavy candy floss maker so I want to avoid that one. She's 33 by the way.
  5. thefishdead

thefishdead I love cake. Somewhat.

I dont know mate. Get her what she wanted. Im the same type of person as you, check out the reviews and then get the best thing. But some people just want what they want.
  6. longdog

longdog May his radience light up your life.

Get her a nice box full of Indian sweets from an asian deli.

Yum! :)

<feels teeth complain at all of the sugar>
  7. northernhord

northernhord Well-Known Member

Dont know what to get my sista, she aint into Garage or grime anymore so a cd is out of the quezz
  8. Mikey77

Mikey77 Banned Banned

Yeah, I hadn't thought of Asian sweets. I thought the American ones might fascinate her more. I'll have a look.
  9. Strumpet

Strumpet gypsy girl

Sheesh I thought the title was "Want to buy my sister for christmas?" :rolleyes:
    :oops:

:D
  10. Mikey77

Mikey77 Banned Banned

11. treefrog

treefrog Hoha

seconded :oops:
  12. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

I've got a Hinari candyfloss maker. It's not massive or heavy(would fit under the bed unless she had a solid base one)

If that's what she wants get it!! Even if she only uses it a few times she'll love you for it. I HATE being asked what I want then given something else(that's usually boring), it sucks :(
  13. spanglechick

spanglechick Lying in the gutter, looking like a star.

I also have a candyfloss maker. They work fine, they're easy to use, and I keep mine in its box (about the size of two shoeboxes laid next to each other) when not in use. Mine is under my bed, but would also fit at the back of the wardrobe or on top of it.

I vote for getting her the Candy floss maker. Tis what she wants.:)

eta: derfinately not heavy.
  14. Mikey77

Mikey77 Banned Banned

I ordered an MP3 player in the end. Tis from Hong Kong and looks nice, but now I'm not sure it will be here for Christmas. In fact I ordered other stuff off Amazon for my mum and that won't be delivered til after Christmas. They won't mind though.
  15. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

shame. You could have got her a chocolate fountain

[​IMG]
  16. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

Did anybody else read that as "Want to buy my sister for christmas?"
  17. Minnie_the_Minx

Well do you? :D
  18. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

The chocolate fountains were seriously reduced about a week ago on iwoot.

I was going to suggest http://www.retrosweets.co.uk/ if you really weren't going to get her a candyfloss machine thing.
  19. Minnie_the_Minx

I didn't even know a candy floss maker existed until I happened upon this thread
  20. Mikey77

Mikey77 Banned Banned

Chocolate fountains are so 2005.
  21. Minnie_the_Minx

I'd never heard of them 'til this year :p

:oops:

(needs to get out more)