1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your Xmas day lunch arrangements?

Discussion in 'Christmas and Year Review 2009' started by Kanda, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

i was told that one year the staff were given tokens for their special canteen xmas lunch, but the manager locked them in her desk and fucked off for her holidays

2. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Geezus.. well you're invited round here Xmas day eve when you're finished :)

3. Clair De Lune

Clair De Lune Glistening finger

Not sure yet, I hope my dad is going to come cos otherwise I don't think I can be bothered to cook for just myself as the kids aren't fond of roasts.

4. trashpony

trashpony The kittens are taking over the world

will be me, my sisters, our husbands/partners, our kids, my mum and dad and my nana. what it's supposed to be about :cool:

only weird bit is that my family always barbq the turkey

5. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

It's actually easier to cook on a BBQ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gives you oven room for everything else. (pics from my Dads in Oz 2 years ago)

6. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Are they furren?

7. kerb

kerb trip-stop

haven't arranged anything yet. All I know is that it's gonna be really friggin hot and there might be shrimps involved.

I'm gonna my English xmas:(

8. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

Oh bugger, it must be time to think about Christmas, if Urban has got its sodding Christmas forum out.

Bah humbug and all that.

I expect I will have a chestnut roast with all the trimmings, round at my parents' house, with both my siblings, their partners, my father, my daughter. and her partner. And possibly a few others. Who knows.

Now I have to think about where to buy the ingredients from, and fret about when I will have time to go Fortnum and Masons and get ripped off again to buy their extortionate mince pies and pudding.

Bah humbug, I say!

9. subversplat

subversplat writer of wrongs

In the pub from 12 til 3, scoff some vegan semblance of a roast dinner with my mum, dad and sister, then back to drinking til falling over time with the aforementioned :)

10. subversplat

subversplat writer of wrongs

Are you gonna the whole thing?!

11. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

BBQ prawns and fish and stuff on the beach with me mum, dad and gorgeous girlfriend :)

12. pootle

pootle little moran

Aww man! that sounds nice :cool: Only ever had the one christmas in london as an adult and didn't really go far. If I'm in London next christmas getting up early for a bike ride would be pretty :cool: I reckon.

Hee hee! Just saw this! Great minds...!

I have to say Soj and Nipsla christmas day's sound very nice too :cool:

Hopefully it'll be mostly just me and my mum having a very nice relaxed day with no rush to get the dinner on...which we'll prob cook together. My brother is staying at his house and with any luck my crap dad will only make a fleeting visit, or turn up and fall asleep in the front room and miss dinner.

13. trashpony

No. They just used to live in the States and decided that barbequing the turkey gave more room in the kitchen for all the other stuff. Plus it gives my dad something to do - it's the only cooking he ever does :rolleyes:

14. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

Ooh! That sounds delicious, where did you get it from?

15. AnnO'Neemus

Aw! Congratulations! :)

16. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

Will you be in HH? We're doing Boxing Day again if you fancy it. :)

17. AnnO'Neemus

Are you gonna accidentally the whole thing? Or on purpose? :hmm:

:D

18. AnnO'Neemus

I'll be having Christmas dinner with lovely lodger. Only he won't be lovely lodger any more, he's just bought a house, so he's invited me over for Christmas dinner, which we'll be having with his dad, who'll be up from London.

19. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Bound for glory

Crying into a Morrison's microwave lasagne same as always.

20. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

Get beastly drunk and maudlin

21. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady willy nilly

Yeah, probably this

22. jusali

jusali Back from the brink!

The full works turkey and trimmings with my Wife and kids us on our own, together in our own house, no other extended family. For the first time since my boy arrived and I'm proper looking forward to it! :cool::D

23. keithy

keithy or queefy

I've managed tgo get christmass off work so me and boyfriend are heading up north to be with my family:) I'm so excited! I haven't seen my neices and nephews for ages, I am so chuffed

24. trashpony

We were supposed to be but my sister isn't well enough to host so we're going to my mum's :(

That would have been lovely too.

25. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

I really don't know. Until I broke my foot I was working 1-9pm on xmas day so would have eaten a lush Indian takeaway at work.

Now my sick-note doesn't cover me up till xmas day so I might still be doing that...my family (sisters, neice & nephew) live about 250 miles away and due to work I had not planned on being with them. Now it will be very odd if I'm off work and not with them...my sick note expires on 21st Dec so will get my foot reviewed the week before.

26. sojourner

sojourner Lord of the Ponce

:( Can't believe you're working again on xmas day

27. AnnO'Neemus

Honestly, the things some people will do to wriggle out of their Christmas Day shift! :rolleyes:

:p:D

(((moonsi til)))

P.s. Are you taking notes OU? :hmm:

28. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

LOL....:) My boss said the same yesterday! It's a pain as it means someone else will have to work it if I'm not back and that will scupper their plans.

I may yet still be working. I might have recovered enough to be office based by then.

29. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

sorry, but i'm not going to deliberately ruin someone else's xmas by skiving.
    (not suggesting moonsi til is either)

30. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I got it a a Christmas fair I was at a couple of weeks ago. I had a taster and it's fucking lush. It's from these people:

http://www.thecarvedangel.com/

It's £16 for one pud on their website (was £12 at the fair) but they're quite large. To be honest I wouldn't normally spend that much but it was lovely and I had cash burning a hole in my pocket :oops::D