1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your Xmas day lunch arrangements?

Discussion in 'Christmas and Year Review 2009' started by Kanda, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Mr_Nice

Mr_Nice A Weekend Warrior

Gonna be in Cape Town so what ever they do over there BBQ Zebra :confused:

2. ericjarvis

ericjarvis give a feck for the feckless

I will make a decision when doing the Christmas shopping...on Christmas Eve.

3. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

Humungous meal at mum and dad's with brother and sister. And next door's cats begging at the door for food. But not chicken bones... must remember that this year. :/

4. marty21

marty21 insidious agendas everywhere

me and mrs21, we'll get up early and go for a drive somewhere - love driving in london on christmas day :cool: get back, have some bucks fizz, probably eat at about 4, and veg out and doze in front of the telly, all fooded and wined up :)

5. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

Watching Sky Sports review of the year on my own in my mum's spare bedroom, hoping that nobody from my family comes in to interrupt me. Then eating dinner. Then more Sky Sports.

6. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

Next year I'm staying in London, and going for a cycle round town I think :)

7. quimcunx

quimcunx christmas miracles ain't all that

Is that christmas since 1995?

8. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

What happened in 1995?

9. quimcunx

quimcunx christmas miracles ain't all that

sadken was a teenager?

10. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

Yep. Proper tradition. Am also viewing the fact that I don't have to go round anyone else's house on Christmas Day this year and pretend to like their family after spending all morning doing the same with my own as a massive big fat shiny diamond in a sea of rough.

11. fen_boy

fen_boy Exits gracefully.

I'm cooking for 10 at our house. I've done pretty much the same for the last 10 years. I'm also cooking for 10 the weekend before.

12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Up to some friends in the sticks
    Ten of us in all eating a big feast and drinking too much as usual

13. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Helpful, bookish and a little bit rebellious

dunno. i'm working. it's bound to be shit.

14. May Kasahara

May Kasahara compulsive singer

Again? :eek: :mad: That's four in a row, isn't it? Time for your rota monkeys to get a visit from the Hulk.

15. Orang Utan

i volunteered for this one.
    nephew is with his dad this xmas.
    i was working til 9 on xmas eve anyway and only had 3 days off, so difficult to get to leeds and back.
    a colleague who was rostered on xmas day and boxing day lives in london and has a young family, so i swapped with him and now i have new year's day and the day after off instead of xmas, so it's the best deal out of a really shitty bunch of deals i guess.
    still, not looking forward to it much.

16. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Base for your face

I'm not sure.
    I remember feeling a bit sad last chirstmas as shiftyjunior was off playing and didn't bother with the dinner I made as he was having a fussy phase. Christmas is all about the feast for me so I'm considering inviting people round for dinner but the only people I know who will probably not have plans are people that I wouldn't necessarily want to have sitting around my house all day.
    I dunno.

17. FabricLiveBaby!

FabricLiveBaby! OUTRAGED!

Long old mission.

First to Gillingham (on the 23rd) for Wigillia with like 100 courses (on the 24th) with my boyfriends mum. Then half way through Christmas day we go up to Wimbledon to see my Mum and have Christmas lunch (probably goose).

I'm gonna get soooo fat!

18. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Oh wow! I didn't know you were getting hitched!

Super congratulations my dear! :D

19. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

This. They live at the top of a big hill surrounded by the Forest of Dean.
    They, plus my Dad cook better than most of the good restaurants that I have eaten in. There will be proper plush stuff to eat and really good wine (being drunk to the sound of my friend moaning and winging as she is pregnant and can't drink).
    Three huge dogs being walked in the forest after to settle the tum.

I am so looking forward to it! :D

20. Stoat Boy

Stoat Boy Banned Banned

Usual lunch at my Mums with about 16 or so of us. Should be fun but sober as I am on driving duties.

21. Scarlette

Scarlette Well-Known Member

Going to my sister's to have dinner cooked by her husband who thinks he is a gourmet. Also present will be my parents, my two nephews and my step niece and nephew.

Sister promises not to be crazed shouting banshee this time due to fact that she is not pregnant. Probably not helped that last time, I fed one of the toddlers loads of chocolate and played excitedly with a helicopter leading to him vomiting on his dinner plate.

22. brix

brix spinster of this parish

We're booked into Babur in Forest Hill for a fabulous Christmas curry. :cool:

23. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

LAmb for main, mussels for starters and sweet as yet undetermined

24. crustychick

crustychick doo-woop-de-doo

will be at my sister's in Dubai. No idea what's on the menu but I intend to start with bucks fizz, followed by a veggie sausage sarnie and half a terry's chocolate orange :cool:

25. sparklefish

sparklefish Well-Known Member

Just the two of us which I kind of enjoy but it does make me sad that I no longer have big family christmasses.

I will no doubt have a hangover as I go out with all my old college mates xmas eve because they come home for the holidays. :cool:

We are either having lamb or beef but we haven't decided yet. I've got shitloads of booze so we'll probably be pickled by boxing day. :cool:

26. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Now that sounds good!!

27. moomoo

moomoo Not so yummy mummy

Just me and the kids. We'll have a traditional turkey dinner. :)

28. Orang Utan

btw, it is Christmas DINNER

29. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

^^^

What he said

30. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Isn't it just a sarnie at work??? ;) :p