1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West Ham fans

Discussion in 'football' started by badlands, Mar 4, 2012.

1. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

get a grip.

2. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

welsh are a minority in Cardiff?

3. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....

"Due to Cardiff City's recent success in the FA Cup, there are a lot of new fans keen show their support(sic). A group of Media Wales' journalists spent some time at Ninian Park filming this guide to the chants and songs you'll be singing at Wembley"

4. hammerntongues

hammerntongues Well-Known Member

I am happy enough , after watching " survival " football for the last few seasons it makes a pleasant change to be winning , BFS is growing on me slowly , our transfers pre-season were about getting promoted , our Jan transfers were about Prem football , we were lacking in firepower and pace , I think we have started to get a team together that will do more than just survive should we go up. I am enjoying my football this season but it is not the same watching Doncaster , Peterborough and dare I say it , Cardiff . What any fan wants surely is to be playing topflight football and BFS looks like the man to get us there and this time , keep us there .;

The day fans dont take the piss out of each others heritage and support will be a sad day for football .

5. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

They're a minority group in the UK. I do believe that is what we've been talking about.

6. editor

Classic rascist. "It's only a bit of fun" "they've no sense of humour" etc etc.

ddraig likes this.
  7. tommers

tommers I did it!

Words fail me.

ddraig likes this.
  8. editor

Your sense of humour fails you, sadly. The clue is in the spelling. :facepalm:

9. tommers

tommers I did it!

I was going to ask why you'd done that.

10. hammerntongues

No one would condone racism ( I hope ) but taking the piss out of opposing fans is part of football , the totally irrational hatred for 90 mins is what makes an atmosphere . Soulless new all seater stadiums have already sucked out some of the fun , at least let us shout and sing abuse at each other , or we may as well watch it on the telly .
    Misplaced and unfunny it may be but can you honestly say that Cardiff fans were offended by the singing of GSTQ ? C`mon its just trying to get a reaction .

11. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

it IS offensive tho
    crap, but still offensive
    if it gives a few fat cockerneys a giggle without chucking plastic chairs about then well done, they can pat each other on their backs

12. hammerntongues

if it gives a few fat cockerneys a giggle without chucking plastic chairs

I`m offended .

13. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

oh well, them's the breaks :)

14. tommers

tommers I did it!

From speaking to a couple of people who went to the game... they were singing it as it was removed from the usual build up at the Carling Cup Final cos the FA were worried about offending you all. They thought they'd redress the balance.

So there you go, FWIW.

15. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

bullshit
    why would it be part of 'the usual buildup at the FA cup final' ?

16. tommers

tommers I did it!

Don't they play the national anthem then? I thought they did.

Whatever. That's what they said.

And Carling Cup, not FA. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

17. tommers

tommers I did it!

18. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

thanks
    makses sense if people can't respect it
    i stand corrected

tommers likes this.
  19. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Will Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey sing God Save the Queen at the Olympics?
    Oh hold on, they only get to do that if they win the gold don't they?

20. editor

They'll sing it in Welsh and replace 'Queen' with 'Owain Glyn Dwr*.'

*that night be a bit of a mouthful, admittedly.

bromley likes this.
  21. editor

As I said, I find it hilarious because it's so ridiculous. It's almost as funny as when English fans sing Rule Brittania at us.

22. hammerntongues

Not as funny as sheep shagging songs though

23. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

hurhurhur what a card you are! :facepalm:

24. editor

We reclaimed those a long time ago. Do keep up.

25. hammerntongues

even fat cockerneys can be ironic , football fans are not exactly imaginative !

26. hammerntongues

Anyway getting back to yesterdays game , I didn`t think we played boring football at all , we have sometimes this season I will admit but yesterday we created several chances and we played down the flanks , the fact that we were not good enough to score doesn`t make the football boring and 28 goals away from home this season , the highest after Blackpool suggests it is perhaps perception rather than fact .

27. editor

The game was shit compared to, say, the Carling Cup final. Both teams were pretty boring for large chunks of the game.

28. hammerntongues

The Cup final was a classic to be sure and one which every fan outside of Liverpool was disappointed that you didn`t get the result , sadly it is not possible nor should we expect to see games like that every week .

29. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

I know what you meant . I was being facetious.