1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West Ham fans

Discussion in 'football' started by badlands, Mar 4, 2012.

1. badlands

badlands the mercy seat

You beat us today fair and square.

We were awful, flat as fuck. You squeezed us everywhere.

My questions are, are you happy with the way you play? Do you think Sam is going to keep you in the prem? (should u get there)

Are you happy with what you're watching?

Cos I was thinking that you used to play really good football

and now,

you're really boring.
  2. tommers

tommers I did it!

Fantastic stuff.

Yes. I am very happy with the way we play. We won. 2-0. Away from home. At a difficult ground. And we made it look pretty comfortable.

This is new for us. I like it.

We worked hard, got in some good tackles and even played some nice passing stuff at times.

Part of playing well away is negating the home team and quietening the crowd. I thought it was a great performance.

And we have more chance of staying up with Sam than we did with avram or Zola. He's a proper manager. We haven't had one for a while.
  3. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

How do you feel about your fans singing 'God Save the :facepalm:ueen'?
  4. badlands

badlands the mercy seat

but its not the West Ham way is it

would you be happy with a Bolton/Blackburn type approach in the premiership?

And how many players in your first team would make it to a West Ham premiership team?

Not trolling, genuinely interested, cos it sort of relates to us too
  5. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Patriotic?
  6. tommers

tommers I did it!

What is the "West Ham way"? Seriously? Cos we haven't played it for donkeys' years. We've been a shambles for ages... probably since about 1998 (with the exception of 2004-05 & Curbishley, who was then hounded out for being too boring :facepalm:). Sam has taken us over and made us into a decent hardworking professional outfit. That'll do for now and then let's see what happens in a few year's time. I think he's done an absolutely amazing job. We were ridiculous last season, we've got rid of most of the squad and he's had to completely rebuild. To be in with a chance of winning the title with 13 games to go is nothing short of miraculous.

I also think that the criticism of his style is a bit over-the-top and seems to come from fans of other teams, rather than supporters of his own. He's big on stats, let's put it that way. Plays the percentages, organises well, makes his teams hard to beat. In other words, exactly what we've been missing for years and years. It's boring sometimes but we've also scored 4 goals in a game 3 times away plus done the same a couple of times at home.

As for players that would get into a prem team... noble, nolan, green, tomkins, faye & Cole for starters. Possibly Maynard and Vaz te, but we'll have to wait and see. Faubert and Collison possibly... we'd need a few more but there's a nucleus there.

Oh, and there's that Morrison fella if he comes good.

We need to go up this season. If we don't then we're a bit fucked.
    discokermit likes this.
  7. tommers

tommers I did it!

I didn't hear it, but it sounds quite funny. I take it it was at the end?
  8. editor

What do you find amusing about it?
  9. tommers

tommers I did it!

Well, it's a wind up isn't it? You know, football banter and stuff.

Why are you bothered?
  10. editor

Those poor, stupid West Ham fans - don't they realise it's the BRITISH national anthem, not the English one?!

:facepalm:
  11. tommers

tommers I did it!

Ah right. Okey doke.

You've won the moral victory.
  12. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

exactly. celebrating your subjugation. they're laughing at you. singing something completely english would defeat the point.
    tommers likes this.
  13. editor

How does that work then?

Unless of course they think Britain is the same as England, and that would make them very thick indeed.
    tommers likes this.
  14. discokermit

the very existence of "britain" makes the welsh a laughing stock. england pwned you. that's how britain was made.

if you had any self respect, like the irish, you'd chuck us out.
  15. tommers

tommers I did it!

And there I was, trying to avoid this unpleasantness. :(
  16. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

try reading some stuff posted by trampie and then you might understand.
  17. editor

Ah, you're a stupid, ignorant nationalist. That explains it. Cheers.
  18. discokermit

i don't like to see people laughed at when they don't know why. it's a bit embarassing.
  19. discokermit

i'm not. just explaining the situation. you're throwing round the facepalm smiley when you don't even understand how they were mocking you. don't shoot the messenger!
  20. editor

You've explained your own situation very well, and it's pretty shameful stuff, tbh.
    tommers likes this.
  21. tommers

tommers I did it!

I'm sure some of them will have got it.
  22. Termite Man

I think the fact that the (badly sung :D ) English national anthem is the British one as well does indicate a degree of subjugation of Wales and Scotland to English rule , so while it does make the west ham fans look like twats they are sort of accurate in a twattish way.
  23. editor

I find it hilarious.

[​IMG]
  24. trampie

trampie Ba..ba..blacksheep Banned

Editor understands alright, he knows Swans fans are singing 'lets all laugh at Cardiff', last week it was the league cup, this week its the league, a week when the Swans all but cemented their top flight status with yet another away win.
    We know West is best in Wales, Cardiff need to pull their socks up and get into the Premier league with the big boys.:)
  25. editor

It's not the English National Anthem. They haven't got an official one.
  26. Termite Man

although I'm still not being 100% factually correct but I expect most people don't know that England doesn't have a national anthem.
  27. discokermit

i'm half welsh. and i don't believe in countries. except the black country.
    imposs1904 likes this.
  28. tommers

tommers I did it!

What was that song you played at the start of the 2nd half btw? (you might have played it at the start of the match but I missed it?)
  29. tommers

tommers I did it!

I always thought it was land of hope and glory.
  30. Termite Man

You posted while I was correcting myself :mad: